No internet for 3 days & counting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dracowolf
Freshman

No internet for 3 days & counting

Our internet quit working 3 days ago, & everytime I call, they keep telling me that it's weather related. It did rain a little bit when it stopped working; but it has been clear weather since then, with only a few random clouds in the sky. I checked the radar, & most of the western part of the us has clear weather right now. Long story short, I don't think it's weather related.

State code goes from fully operational to 11.2.1 -- A problem recieving data has occured. Diagnostic code goes from unavailable to 0000-2000-0200-0029 then to 0000-0000-0000-0027. Recieve & transmit are both down. IP Gateway Association State is Creating IPGW Pool. Software Download Status constantly says Updating. The signal strength goes back & forth from 15 to 29. Connectivity test results "unable to resolve gateway" & "you do not have connectivity to the gateway". Built-in self test results all passed.

Can anyone actually help me, or give me some answers as to why it hasn't been working for 3 days? I'm seriously tempted to just give up on Hughesnet & find another internet service provider, if this isn't resolved soon; because I've been offline for 3 days & counting now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Remy

Dracowolf,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! As maratsade stated, weather in two locations can play a factor, both at your address, and where your ground station is located (Santa Clara, CA). However, I'm not seeing any weather issues with either. I was looking into your system and noticed a bad alignment pretty quickly. I'm going to be sending out a technician to make a couple fixes for you and hopefully set everything straight! The associated fees have been waived, and a technician will be reaching out to you shortly to establish when they'll be coming out.

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There are two places where weather plays a role: one is where you live, and the other is where the ground station is. Sometimes weather at the ground station can affect equipment, and this may take a while to resolve.  This may or may not be your case, and only HughesNet reps can tell you if this is happening. 

The reps are on M-F during business hours, though sometimes there are reps here a little later.  I will tag them:

@Liz , @Damian , @Remy 

If you have terrestrial options, such as cable or DSL, maybe you do need to consider switching. That's always an option available to you as a consumer. 

Remy

Dracowolf,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! As maratsade stated, weather in two locations can play a factor, both at your address, and where your ground station is located (Santa Clara, CA). However, I'm not seeing any weather issues with either. I was looking into your system and noticed a bad alignment pretty quickly. I'm going to be sending out a technician to make a couple fixes for you and hopefully set everything straight! The associated fees have been waived, and a technician will be reaching out to you shortly to establish when they'll be coming out.

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you so much!

I haven't heard from anyone yet, so still no internet 🥺
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dracowolf 

It can take a few days before a tech visits.  They should call you prior to that.  However, if you don't hear anything from one by Sunday, please do say something.  The reps won't be back on here until Monday, but they'll be able to check on what's going on at that time.

With this said, one of the reps sometimes comes on in the evenings, so you may still see a reply from one before then.

Good to know, thanks!

Dracowolf, 

Have you received a call from our technicians?

Thanks,

Remy

Yes I did. Sorry, I've been busy working, lol. They scheduled it for today, & the tech just left a lil while ago. Apparently my dish was out of alignment, had a bad cable, & had a bad cable connector thingy. The technician showed up on time, was really friendly, & fixed all the problems; so I'm back online, yay! Thank yall soooo much! Yall are awesome! 😁
If only the customer service reps I talked to on the phone before were as friendly & awesome, then it probably would've been taken care of much sooner; because I knew it wasn't just due to the weather🤣.
Thanks again!

Dracowolf,

That's great to hear! Very glad the technician was able to get everything set straight. Please let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future, we'd be more than glad to help out!

Thanks,

Remy