Possible intermittent modem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SatelliteDave
Freshman

Possible intermittent modem.

First time using dish to get internet.  Modem switches on and off.  Was told I would have to pay $150 to have tech return. Not happy. Done all I can to fix problem. Waiting to post when back online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SatelliteDave,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper look into this!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet staff on this site can look into this for you, but you may want to provide more context:

What system do you have? (Windows 11, Linux Mint, etc.)?

What Hughesnet service are you using? (Gen 5, Gen 6, Fusion?)

What device are you using? (laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.).

When you say the modem switches on and off, do you mean it loses power on and off, or do you mean the lights blink? (the latter is normal)

What have you done to troubleshoot?

When you go to the modem's internal page, what error do you get? [Accessing this page does not require an internet connection]

Does your issue happen all the time, or is it related to a specific time of day or a specific task? 

Do you have a case number from when you contacted customer service?

The reps here are on during business hours (and one or two may pop in after business hours) M-F.  You will recognise the official reps because they have the label MOD next to their handles.

Bad Modem       I'm using  windows 11 and the EchoStar-24-nad Jupiter 3 with HT 3000w modem. on my desktop. I quit receiving transmission of signal  .Power and  Wifi  Lights stay blinking with Wifi light going out after a few seconds.I have called tech support twice. Used the system control center to  re-install and re-register modem   I get the code 12.1.9 when system fails. The loss of signal can happen any time. Truly intermittent. At this moment I'm having to wait two minutes with signal out and two minutes on. I use the Ethernet as my connection.  Do not have a case number. I have had Hughes for a month now.  More aggravated than unhappy so far. Having to wait for service before Posting                                                   

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That’s really frustrating, especially with a new install.  The reps on this site can try to access your modem remotely and run diagnostics, and they can then discuss next steps. Hopefully they’ll get back to you soon. 

SatelliteDave,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper look into this!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy