Did you mean: 
geraldstauff3

Putting usage limits on

how can I limit how much usage some one uses
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@geraldstauff3 

Unfortunately, the only way to do so is by using a 3rd party router that has the ability to limit usage by device.  HughesNet's own HT2000W modem can't do this.  The only two thing the HughesNet modem can do is limit what percentage of bandwidth a device uses at any given time by setting a QOS rule for that device or set a Parental Control rule that allows a device to only use the internet during the times you specify, but neither of these will actually set a limit on the amount of data a device can use, which I imagine is what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@geraldstauff3 

Unfortunately, the only way to do so is by using a 3rd party router that has the ability to limit usage by device.  HughesNet's own HT2000W modem can't do this.  The only two thing the HughesNet modem can do is limit what percentage of bandwidth a device uses at any given time by setting a QOS rule for that device or set a Parental Control rule that allows a device to only use the internet during the times you specify, but neither of these will actually set a limit on the amount of data a device can use, which I imagine is what you're looking for.