Hughesnet Community

This internet suuuuuucks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lrw129

This internet suuuuuucks

I’ve been without WiFi for several days. Was told the Gateway address was currently experiencing bad weather. I have no clue what the gateway address is because i could barely understand the tech. It sure wasn’t my address because my weather was fine at the time. Plus, it’s been out for 4-5 days....maybe longer. So 5 days worth of bad weather affects service?!? We never connect to the WiFi because it’s pain stakingly slow. We just use unlimited Verizon data now because we can’t rely on HughesNet. Anyways, the tech told me that my service would be back up once the weather cleared up. Then I got an email the next day asking to take a survey regarding the resolution of my issue. It was never resolved!! I either need my service back up or I need my contract cancelled.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Lrw129 

If you haven't already, try power cycling your modem.  Unplug it, wait a minute, then plug it back in.  Wait about five minutes, then try to go online. 

After you've power cycled the modem, and using a LAN cable connected device (preferably), try going to this page.  If you can get to that page....

1.  Are both boxes at the top of the page green?

2.  What do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box toward the top of the page?

3.  What is showing for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?  

Leanne,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

-Damian