Too many SPAM emails!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabbyk
New Poster

Too many SPAM emails!

PLEASE HELP!!!! Am so tired of dealing with over a 100 spam emails a day! My gosh why can't SOMETHING be done? Why? Hate this email!!!! What am I supposed to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi gabbyk,

I've just gotten word that the switch has been made. We should expect better spam filtering now moving forward.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"What am I supposed to do?"

All you can do is delete the spam.  All email services are victims of spam, unfortunately, and spammers get around all efforts to stop the spam.

That's true but I get tons of it from hughesnet, not as much from my Gmail 🤔

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Could you do without the HN account?  If you ever unsubscribe from the service, you won't be able to keep it, whereas you can take a Gmail account anywhere. 

EDIT: the HN  reps on this site can take a look at your account and can involve the email managers, and you may (or may not) see less spam.  I wouldn't count on it, as spammers have a way of bypassing measures to stop them.   The reps are on M-F during business hours, and they usually respond within a day or two. 

Hi gabbyk,

I've just gotten word that the switch has been made. We should expect better spam filtering now moving forward.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning gabbyk, 

Thanks for posting. Are the 100 spam emails a day a more recent occurrence? If so, when did this start?

Otherwise, please be careful where you provide your e-mail address and mark as many spam emails as spam to help our spam controls learn and improve. We should be switching over to a more effective spam filter soon so a reduction in spam emails should be on the way.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz