Transmit/upstream data issues tonight

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacetree
Junior

Transmit/upstream data issues tonight

Is there an issue that might cause transmit issues on J2ALB084HNSIGW0105 tonight?  Or do I have a dish alignment problem?  Just the last hour or so, modem turns off transmit, then turns back on in a few minutes.  I've power cycled the modem (HT2000W).  Still same behavior.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
pacetree
Junior

Seems to be stable now.  Maybe I posted too soon.  Still had the issue better part of last hour.

View solution in original post

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pacetree

It's very possible that the issue you're experiencing is due to some pretty nasty weather around Albuquerque, NM, which is where your gateway is located.  The issue being intermittent makes it even more likely that this is the cause.  I'd keep my eye on the weather around there.    

However, if it doesn't clear up within the next few hours (or when the weather does) it might be something else, at which point you should definitely call.  The reps aren't back until Monday, and if it's still doing it then they can definitely take a look.  In the meantime, make sure the coax connector is finger tight at the back of the modem.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  Also, if it doesn't clear up, try plugging the modem into a wall outlet if you presently have it plugged into a strip or surge protector, as those things can sometimes wreak a little havoc on the electricity throughput.  

Good luck.  🙂 

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pacetree
Junior

Seems to be stable now.  Maybe I posted too soon.  Still had the issue better part of last hour.

GabeU

@pacetree wrote:

This makes me think even more that it's weather related.  Hopefully it will remain stable.  🙂  

I did not know that's where my gateway site is.  That makes perfect sense.  Now that I know that, I'll check for it in the future.  Thanks Gabe!

GabeU

@pacetree

You're very welcome.  Happy to help.  🙂  

GabeU

@pacetree

It's very possible that the issue you're experiencing is due to some pretty nasty weather around Albuquerque, NM, which is where your gateway is located.  The issue being intermittent makes it even more likely that this is the cause.  I'd keep my eye on the weather around there.    

However, if it doesn't clear up within the next few hours (or when the weather does) it might be something else, at which point you should definitely call.  The reps aren't back until Monday, and if it's still doing it then they can definitely take a look.  In the meantime, make sure the coax connector is finger tight at the back of the modem.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  Also, if it doesn't clear up, try plugging the modem into a wall outlet if you presently have it plugged into a strip or surge protector, as those things can sometimes wreak a little havoc on the electricity throughput.  

Good luck.  🙂 

Capture.JPG