Unable to download Win 10 Updates from Microsoft

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollidayjr
Freshman

Unable to download Win 10 Updates from Microsoft

I am unable to get the latest downloads (cumulative update KB4016871) from Microsoft with Gen4 HT1100 modem. All else works well, including downloads from other sites. I have tried to download the update manually but the download just hangs with no errors or anything. This is only on the Microsoft Windows Update and Windows 10 Update Catalogue sites. No other problems with anything else. What could possibly be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, here's the bad and the good. After another long session with tech support, the guy finally admitted (can you believe it?) that they don't know why Gen4 won't download Win10 updates and they have no idea how to fix it!! So after all is said and done, based on the fact that several of you on this board have upgraded to Gen5 to solve the problem, I decided to bite the bullet and try it also.

Great News- now it works like it should- a 350Mb windows cumulative update file from the microsoft catalogue downloads in less than a minute. Now bear in mind, the only thing the upgrade installer had to do was point the dish at the new satellite and activate it. I already had the HT2000 modem from previous attempt to make Gen4 work. The only thing that changed in my whole system was the new satellite. So the problem undoubtably lies somewhere with the old Sat--ES17. And either they don't have enough customers complaining or they really can't fix it.

I really appreciate those of you responding to my post and hope all this can help someone else. I feel sure there are other users that are not aware they have the problem. As for the upgrade itself, the new system really is much better and well worth the small increase in price.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15