Usage meters question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allred509
New Poster

Usage meters question

I thought the usage meters were suppose to expire on the 1st of August? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@allred509 

A reply from Liz in a recent topic about the Usage Meter...

"Hi folks,

We had some discussions around the Usage Meter as well after your feedback was sent up. Apparently the desktop client's adoption rate is low now since usage can be checked via the support center and the mobile app. 

Regarding the functionality of the current desktop client, it will continue to work as long as it remains installed, but can't be reinstalled on another PC or the same one after re-imaging. As Kathy mentioned, moving forward, your best options for checking usage are the mobile app, the support center, and also the SCC.

As a last resort to advocate for a desktop client, I submitted some options via our suggestion pipeline. If we have any good news to share on that front, you'll definitely hear from us! (Don't hold your breath.)

-Liz"

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Usage-meter-download/m-p/126068/highlight/true#M8448...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@allred509 

A reply from Liz in a recent topic about the Usage Meter...

"Hi folks,

We had some discussions around the Usage Meter as well after your feedback was sent up. Apparently the desktop client's adoption rate is low now since usage can be checked via the support center and the mobile app. 

Regarding the functionality of the current desktop client, it will continue to work as long as it remains installed, but can't be reinstalled on another PC or the same one after re-imaging. As Kathy mentioned, moving forward, your best options for checking usage are the mobile app, the support center, and also the SCC.

As a last resort to advocate for a desktop client, I submitted some options via our suggestion pipeline. If we have any good news to share on that front, you'll definitely hear from us! (Don't hold your breath.)

-Liz"

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Usage-meter-download/m-p/126068/highlight/true#M8448...