VERY slow email access

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgrobison1
Sophomore

VERY slow email access

I just changed out my old machine for a new one, multi core, intel i5 64 bit machine with 12 gig of ram. at first email was loading normally, now it takes sometimes three tries to access it. After sign in  the LOADING note on the  grey square appears then goes out and it sits with white screen. nothing else. after two or  three tries it finally loads. I have rebooted, cleared history  and cache still same results. also now my contact list is missing. I do still have contacts in my in box. how can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Liz,

My Contact Lists and emailed lists are back. Everything seems to be fine. 

Thank you.

Bill R

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Liz,

My Contact Lists and emailed lists are back. Everything seems to be fine. 

Thank you.

Bill R

Hi wgrobison1, 

Thank you for this update, glad to hear it! Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wgrobison1 wrote:

you mention trying from other tha HN . did you mean like Yahoo or foxfire? 

She likely meant a different provider, if you have the opportunity to do so, primarily to see whether the problem is device (your computer or setup) or HughesNet related.  Like if you have a laptop and you happened to be visiting friends or relatives that have internet service other than HughesNet.  That's just an arbitrary example.  Or even tethering to your cell phone in order to use its internet connection, if you can do that.  

Again, these are just arbitrary examples.  Liz is fully aware that many people do not have opportunity to use another service, even in a temporary testing scenario.

wgrobison1
Sophomore

Yesterday I was having problems with Email loading, it was very slow. Sometimes it would load after the 3rd try. This morning at 5 AM it seemed ok, but the next login did the same as before. As I said, I have a new machine with 64 bit windows10 Home on it, It is a 2.9 ghz multi core with intel i5 .  After setting up the new  computer , Email worked great at first but has degraded to really bad. Also I have lost all my contacts. . After I sign in the white screen with the grey square appears saying it is loading, then the grey square disappears and just the white screen shows. No messages or notifications  come up , Once this morning " Zimbra" appeared in the search. I have cleared History, rebooted, repowered,cleared cache,flushed dns as recommended but nothing seems to help. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wgrobison1 

I was hoping a rep would reply today with some ideas, but they may be very busy and didn't yet get a chance to.  Hopefully that will happen soon.  Or, even someone who's seen this before and know's of some type of fix, even if only temporary until a more thorough one can be effected.

I know they were having a few issues with the email a short time ago, but I don't know if it included the things you're describing.