Did you mean: 
2904goose
Freshman

voice call waiting

how do i use call waiting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi 2904goose,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Call waiting is enabled by default on your HughesNet Voice service. How call waiting generally works is you'll hear a beep or tone indicating an incoming call while you're on the line. Push the "flash" or "link" button on your phone's handset to accept the incoming call. Push the "flash" button to switch back and forth between the two callers.

If you want to disable call waiting for the duration of a call, dial *70 on your phone's handset.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@2904goose

Wow.  I don't have HughesNet Voice, but I've been searching for the last 25 minutes and I can't find one thing on how to use/enable/disable call waiting.  How ridiculous.  Just unreal.  There is a HughesNet Voice Web Self Care Administration, but I don't know that there is anything about call waiting there.  You can try it, though.  You have to have Voice service to see it, so I can't, but sign in to the HughesNet MyAccount site here, then hover over My Services and you should see Voice listed if you have it.  Hopefully there is info after you click on Voice.  

The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so it's likely that, unless another Voice Customer can tell you, you won't hear anything until at least Monday.  But, hopefully you'll be able to find something on that Voice page.    

Sorry.  😞  

Thank you GabeU for your help.

Liz

Hi 2904goose,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Call waiting is enabled by default on your HughesNet Voice service. How call waiting generally works is you'll hear a beep or tone indicating an incoming call while you're on the line. Push the "flash" or "link" button on your phone's handset to accept the incoming call. Push the "flash" button to switch back and forth between the two callers.

If you want to disable call waiting for the duration of a call, dial *70 on your phone's handset.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks for the info Liz, now i know how to disable it for a call if i want to.

Goose