cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatBro
Sophomore

Data usage with IPads

Hi folks,

Can anyone give me some insight into how much data IPads use over WiFi, in general, compared to a PC?   This is with no video or audio streaming.   More, less, about the same?

Is there a way to tell how much data an IPad is using over WiFi?  I have not found this in Settings, and the HughesNet data usage tool does not differentiate PC/IPad use. 

Also, does anyone know how to turn off auto-play ads/audio/videos in IPad?   I know how on PC, but can't figure it out on the IPad.

Cheers,
Kathy

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't notice my iPad using more or less data. Seems to be the same to me.  

GabeU

@KatBro wrote:

Hi folks,

Also, does anyone know how to turn off auto-play ads/audio/videos in IPad?   I know how on PC, but can't figure it out on the IPad.

Cheers,
Kathy 

Are you referring to videos on certain sites, like Facebook, and ads on general web pages?  

Yes, I am referring to the video/audio ads that start automatically on general web pages, and the autoplay videos that often start on news sites or TV station sites, sometimes even on government websites.   

I wasn't referring to social media. 

GabeU

@KatBro wrote:

Yes, I am referring to the video/audio ads that start automatically on general web pages, and the autoplay videos that often start on news sites or TV station sites, sometimes even on government websites.   

I wasn't referring to social media. 

Ah.  Okay.  Hopefully someone will have an idea of how to do this with an iPad.

With PCs I gave up after Chrome did away with being able to control plugins.  The HTML5 and Flash apps only stop them from playing, not downloading, so that's worthless.