Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarah leach
New Poster

If no IP address then you need to restart unit to gain IP address for unit

Restart unit to get IP address for modum

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Rebooting or powercycling a device is always worth a try. 🙂 Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Are u saying to restart the router or my tablet? My other devices are connecting.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Davey

Neither.  The OP is referring to a different type of issue.  

Ok but my tablet is not showing an IP address only a Mac # ,whatever that is, in the wifi settings.  Thanks

GabeU

@Davey

I don't know exactly what the OP is referring to, as in actual IP address or IP Gateway Association State, but if your other devices are able to connect, it's most likely a settings issue that is not allowing your Android based tablet to connect.  

It won't hurt anything to power cycle the HT2000W modem (unplug it at the outlet, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in), but I don't know that it will help.  You can always try.  

Edit:  Sorry, I'm getting your issue mixed up with another.  You didn't sate you had any other devices.  

A laptop, wife's phone, and and 2 other tablets connect fine. 2 tablets were connected by technician that nstalled our system but one of them won't connect now

I already tried shutting it down and it didn't help.

GabeU

@Davey

See, I truly am getting you mixed up with someone else.  You DID say that you had other devices, the other person didn't.  SMH.  It's been a long day.   

Anyway, I didn't think it would help, but, if the laptop has the ability to connect with a LAN cable, you can make the security settings adjustments mentioned in the other thread with that.  Or, you can try doing it with the laptop while connected through WiFi, but it would be best to do it while LAN connected if you have that ability.  

Thanks alot I will try that tommorrow. Get some sleep.