Plex Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank12
Freshman

Plex Server

I just got started with Hughesnet yesterday.  My Plex server on my Windows 10 Desktop worked just fine on my DSL service but now I am not able to stream movies or shows.    The Samseung TV will connect to PLEX and I can navigate to the show I want to watch.  But when I try to watch the show, it delays and does not stream.   I get several frames and then another several minute delay till I get the next few frames.   I had issues getting the desktop to stay connected to the Wifi, no ethernet capabilites in the house due to placement of the Modem for optimum speed.   I was able to just cast the show to the tv from the Desktop and it played correctly.   Why would the Plex system not be able to play the movie the way the Desktop casting does?    Is there some setting in either that needs to be adjusted to fix the issue?  Or is Plex just not compatiable with Hughesnet wifi?  

1 REPLY 1
MarkJFine
Professor

Plex does a lot of transcoding if I recall. There was a couple of modes that I could never get to work correctly, but I think it was because of the low throughput on my particular wifi network.

I'm assuming youre running it over local wifi and the connection is at least 802.11n? 802.11b/g might not have the oomph needed for video, even though it has enough for audio (but not 5.1 dts, amazingly enough).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.