Post for GabeU

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Post for GabeU

Gabe, can you please grab a few router screenshots for me ?

LAN IP check (manual says 192.168.0.1

LAN IP setup and DHCP pages:

Manual config:

Device Administration:

Dynamic setup screen:

Wireless security screen options:

That will get the ball rolling,

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Update:

Amanda tells me that Hughes has made some changes to the router from original manufactures default settings that was available via the pdf that I took the screenshots of.

We will hopefully soon have a correct copy of the manual.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Gwalk,

I can't post certain things that pertain to the setup because everything has already been setup and it won't give me some screens that look like they do in your pics.  The manual configuration screen is one of them.  When I set mine up, I followed the instructions in the booklet and chose the auto setup, then went back after everything was finished and changed the few settings, like the wireless settings (you'll see mine in the picture), that needed to be changed.  With that said, I have pics 1,2,4, 5 & 6, with 3 missing, as mentioned above.

I don't know how I would go about setting everything up again, as in wiping everything and going through the setup wizard again so I could post each screenshot.  But, like I was saying, the setup was VERY easy to do by following the instructions in the included booklet. 

Also, to get to the setup wizard and such, I used http://dlinkrouter.  The 192.168.0.1 address brings up the Hughesnet SCC. 

LAN IP Check... http://dlinkrouter

LAN IP Setup and DHCP Pages...

Manual configuration screenshot missing because I can't get to it without going through the setup process again. 

Device Administration...

Dynamic Setup Screen...

Wireless Security Screen Options... 

If this isn't what you need, let me know and I can see if I can figure out how to go through the setup process again to get the setup screenshots.  Again, though, the setup was pretty easy when following the instructions in the booklet, and the only thing I really had to change afterward was the wireless security settings (WPA2 and subsequent settings). 

Also, if you see anything in there that I should change, that would be appreciated, too.  LOL.  Thanks. 

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Gabe,

I found out after posting that Hughes had made some changes.

Will be getting the updated info I hope.

You said you used the "wizard" and it was a   ... was real easy ?

Had to go back and tweak a few ? Recall what items the were ?

Amanda

Hi Gwalk

I am ordering one of these routers to our office today, shouldn't take long to get it since we ship from the same 20 mi radius 🙂

Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thank You.
GabeU

It was pretty easy.  I just followed the directions and it went without a hitch.  Again, though, the only thing I would recommend against is the instructions it gives in the end on how to sign up and download the mydlink program, which in my opinion is a waste of time.  It also lists in the booklet that if there are any questions or problems, they should be directed to D-Link, but this is incorrect, and they may have changed it for the newer booklet.  The place to get help for these routers is Hughesnet, not D-Link.   

The thing I had to tweak was changing the security settings to "WPA2 Only" and AES (it may have already been on AES, I can't remember for sure), but I did this at a later time by following advice one of you champs had given to someone else.  I can't remember if you can change it to "WPA2 Only" during the setup wizard, but if not, it's easily done afterward.  And the default setting is "WPA / WPA2", so it's not like it wouldn't be secure from the beginning, anyway.   

yorkytime1
New Poster

Gwalk,  Is this a new router you purchased?  Looks interesting.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

No, this i s dlink that is offered through Hughes at the time of purchasing service. It is one that Hughes has made adjustments to.
This post is in preparation to asist xoxo with hers when the router arrives.
GabeU

I know you asked Gwalk, but it's for a D-Link DIR-619L. 
yorkytime1
New Poster

Thaks GabeU.  Just wondering.  why the D-Link.  I was advised to looks at the ASUS router.  BTW I am so far very happy I did get the ASUS.  
yorkytime1
New Poster

Oh Gwalk I just saw your post.  Thanks.  Now I get it.  I remember Xoxo was getting one.
yorkytime1
New Poster

Gwalk,  I think your recomendation for the ASUS is fantastic.  I've gotten all devices and outside wireless surveillance cameras all set up and running smoothly.  I did have to put in a repeater for the camera that is farthest away from the ASUS router...but so far it is getting excellent signal.
GabeU

I'd love one of those ASUS routers.  I've had great luck with all of the ASUS products I've purchased over the years, and one of those routers that can run the Merlin software would be fantastic.  But, for me, it simply wouldn't be worth it.  I primarily use a desktop and only use my laptop between maybe 5%-10% of the time, and no other devices beyond that, so a very basic router is fine for me.  Still, that doesn't relieve me of my envy.  LOL.   
yorkytime1
New Poster

GabeU,  I have a fairly large home with laptop computers throughout that I use depending on which room I'm in.  Plus my tablet that I can carry around.  I have a laptop connected to my embroidery machine so I can send designs from my main computer to my embroidery machine through the network.  Plus smartphones and hubby's kindle.  It is so great to have this router now that keeps track of everyone's usage.  Like today.....hubby left his kindle connected and the data began to drain.  I caught it immediately and told him to disconnect.  Then there are also two wireless printers and the wireless cameras.  Great now to see what all devices are doing during the day.  And hubby uses his desktop computer too.  This ASUS is just fantastic.
GabeU

There should be a "community" Asus router that can be sent from customer to customer when they are having phantom data usage problems.  LOL. 
yorkytime1
New Poster

LOL right.  It is the best purchase I've made since becoming a hughesnet customer.
HughesNetCorpor

Well shooot guys, I noticed you all posting this several days ago but didn't realize it was in preparation of the router being shipped to me.
Is there anything I need to be doing ahead of the router arriving?
GabeU

Nothing I can think of.  If you keep backups of your computer maybe make a backup just before the new router is "installed."  Maybe just make sure that your computer is clean by running your AV scans and such.  Make sure you have a spot for it.  Other than this, I can't think of anything. 
HughesNetCorpor

alrighty, will do, I'll let you all know when it arrives. I don't actually know if it's been shipped or not..I never verified my physical/shipping address with anyone so hopefully it will get here okay. 

My Walmart order (via FedEx) has been bouncing back and forth between Bloomington, CA and Las Vegas, NV for the last 8 days now. ROFL!
HughesNetCorpor

Guess what MAY be heading in my direction this afternoon?
I just got a call from a very lost and confused UPS delivery man who has a package for me. I've not been expecting any kind of delivery via UPS so I can only guess it must be the router WooHoo!

He is still some 45 miles away but I gave him very detailed directions on how to get to my house...and just so long as he doesn't turn right instead of left at the 2nd tumbleweed, and goes straight onto the dirt road instead of off in another direction...he should get here by 5pm 😛

I doubt this poor UPS driver will be putting a big in for the permanent position. Our wonderful UPS driver Chuck, after 15 years of delivering packages out here, and some 30 years of service with UPS, retired about 2 weeks ago. His route has been taken over temporarily by several different drivers, none of who are to thrilled at having to drive out this way.

*He could of easily thrown the package alongside the road..no one would of any the wiser, lol (OOOPS!) but he didn't...I've got some left over shortbread and some other baked goodies I made over the weekend...so I'm going to put a plate together as a little 'thank you' just to show my appreciation.

*for those who may take that out of context (you know who you are)...
there is a huge difference between 'brown nosing' and 'not wanting to burn your bridges* when your services are limited. I choose not to burn my bridges...