Samsung Galaxy S 3 and Gen 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tednbren
Freshman

Samsung Galaxy S 3 and Gen 5

I just had Gen 5 installed and I really love it. I have had no problems with it at all, except one.  I can't get my Samsung Galazy S 3 phone to connect to it.  When I had a router and Gen 4 I had no problems at all and it will connect anywhere else.  I suspect it has something to do with Gen 5. Has anyone else had problems with an Android phone?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hrm, that phone should support the default encryption that the HT2000w uses... Might be worth a shot seeing if changing the encryption type helps though, let me know if it does or doesn't.

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

View solution in original post

Thank you! You are a genius! I would never have figured that out. I followed your instructions and in less than a minute I was online afer spending all weekend trying to figure it out. Many thanks! I can use my phone again. I love Gen 5!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hrm, that phone should support the default encryption that the HT2000w uses... Might be worth a shot seeing if changing the encryption type helps though, let me know if it does or doesn't.

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

Thank you! You are a genius! I would never have figured that out. I followed your instructions and in less than a minute I was online afer spending all weekend trying to figure it out. Many thanks! I can use my phone again. I love Gen 5!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Thanks for letting us know tednbren!  If you have any other issues, questions, or comments, please come back and let us know.  🙂

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

What is the default password for the WiFi network?

EDIT.... I found it and am connected now.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Interesting.  I couldn't connect my Tracfone the other day and had forgotten about these instructions.  I tried it and it connected.  Still, though, I disconnected and went back to the defaults as I was only trying it for the heck of it.  

In the future, if I want to connect my Tracfone again, I'll just connect my Netgear router and use that, though my phone is practically useless with Wi-Fi.  🙂

All is well here in MD.

Computer is up-to-date with updates.

Cell phone is connected.

Speed and surfing is great.

Loving Gen 5!

Davey
Freshman

Will solution work with Asus Android tablet? I'm having same problem

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Davey

It may help.