System is so slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay-7556
New Poster

System is so slow

My Wi-Fi is so slow I can’t use 3/4 of the time. I’ve called tech support more times than I can count. Technicians have been out a number of times but it never improves. I bought a booster and it doesn’t help at all. I have hackers in my system and Norton, AVG nor Avast keeps them out. Anybody have any advice? Anybody know of a good hacker app that will finally block them? They’re in my system 24/7. It’s driving me insane 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you don't use adblockers (and popup blockers) you should. A lot of issues can come from allowing ads and popups.  

How do you know hackers are in your system?

Have you taken your device to a technician to have them clean out your system? That might help.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

How do you know you have hackers in your system? 

MarkJFine
Professor

Kay, there are certain aspects of the system that have been known to trigger some internet security systems.

Unless someone is physically hacked into your wifi or you already have a virus on your devices, it is virtually impossible for anyone to hack you on a double-NAT system such as this. There are some steps that you can take:

1. Enable MAC filtering on the wifi to only allow devices with a specific MAC address that you know about.

2. Completely scan every device on your system to ensure that there are no viruses nor any malware that are compromising your system.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.