Testmy.net Sign Up Link Fixed...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Testmy.net Sign Up Link Fixed...

I wrote in their forum about the problem of the Sign Up link and they fixed it within about fifteen minutes.  So it's good to go again.  Just a heads up. 

6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good job Gabe! Sadly I admit I have the "somebody already did it" syndrome. Wonder how many new sign ups they lost, been that way awhile.
GabeU

I was just going to wait and see, figuring someone else probably said something, too, but I took a look on the boards and didn't see anyone mentioning it. 

I bet they are glad they aren't a pay site as they surely would have lost a little dough with the lack of new sign ups. 

It's been at least a couple of weeks that way, hasn't it? 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

At least. They are ad driven but I have that blocked, as you probably do to.  : )

I think ad driven sites go by visits and if someone can't sign up then they might not come back to visit. Probably didn't hugely impact them though, just a pain in the rear. 
GabeU

but I have that blocked, as you probably do to.  : )
Shh.  LOL.
Amanda

Wouldn't ads affect the results of a speed test...? I have adblocker so never been sure of how many/if any ads they had. Good on you getting it fixed 🙂
GabeU

When the test itself is running no ads are trying to load, so I don't think that they would affect them, but I could be wrong.  I haven't noticed any discernable difference in the results whether I run it with the ad blocker on or off.