Testmy.net no longer detecting Hughesnet as the provider

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Testmy.net no longer detecting Hughesnet as the provider

For the last couple of days testmy.net has not been detecting Hughesnet as my provider, when it always has in the past.  I did a little investigating and found that some others on Hughesnet are showing the same thing.  Any idea what's changed, and why they would no longer be able to detect Hughesnet as the provider?  

For me, it stopped its detection on the 18th...

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

8 REPLIES 8
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It's a web-acceleration issue... The proxy is forwarding the wrong IP to the web-server it seems.  Hopefully it's taken care of soon, no telling how many websites this could potentially impact.

GabeU

Ah.  Thank you.  Knowing is half the battle (even though it's not one I can fight).  At least I know that it's something that will likely be fixed, in some manner or another.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeU wrote:

For the last couple of days testmy.net has not been detecting Hughesnet as my provider, when it always has in the past.  I did a little investigating and found that some others on Hughesnet are showing the same thing.  Any idea what's changed, and why they would no longer be able to detect Hughesnet as the provider?  

For me, it stopped its detection on the 18th...

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

I've had the same question, just too lazy to ask I guess. Thanks for asking.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So we can do sneaky stuff right now with no tracking at all? LOL.......seriously joking.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Oh, you can still be tracked...  If the website didn't see your "real" IP address, you would get an error in your browser.  The issue is, the extra information inserted by a proxy into each packet isn't being read properly by testmy.net suddenly, and people are trying to figure out why. 🙂

GabeU

Well, it looks like testmy might be back to normal, detecting the provider again, at least for me and one other person I noticed.  

We'll see if it lasts.  🙂

GabeU

Here we go again.  Noticed I'm not the only one again, either.  

Capture.JPG

My OCDs hated being told I was in Odessa, MO anyway.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.