Hughesnet Community

WIFI printing with an PC that does not have WIFI ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

WIFI printing with an PC that does not have WIFI ?

My older USB printer took a Cr*p and this gives me the opportunity to get a new WIFI enabled printer, my questions are;  can I still use the USB conenction to my PC since my PC is old and does not support WIFI or BT? 

can I WIFI connect my printer to the HN WIFI router and still print from this printer? 

I know this is not a HN question or issue but I'm lacking in this area, and any help I'd appricate-

thanks 

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade

You may want to try a Wi-Fi adapter for your PC. 

@maratsade wrote:

You may want to try a Wi-Fi adapter for your PC. 

Great Idea, I didn't think of that, I'll check it out. Again, great help here, thanks @maratsade !

I see there are many options, anything you'd suggest, or anyone suggest for a windows 10 machine ?

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Carmen,

Check out these reviews by PC Mag:  https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-usb-wi-fi-adapters, or these by Tech Radar: https://www.techradar.com/news/best-wireless-adaptors

Thanks again Maratsade for your quick responses and help 

I'll check them out 

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

You're welcome, Carmen.

When you get one that works for you, let us know, because this could help others who have the same need.  

@Pete_Vit wrote:

I'll check them out 

@maratsade wrote:

You're welcome, Carmen.

When you get one that works for you, let us know, because this could help others who have the same need.  

Will do !

@Pete_Vit wrote:

I'll check them out 

Carmen Vitullo

I finally got around to installing my new printer, I selected a cannon TR4520, WIFI MFA Printer. I decided to install the printer first before I needed to buy any USB WIFI device. the printer was kinda easy to setup, I found out during the setup the printer accepted both WIFI and USB printing and I was able to use the same USB printer cable I used from my HP printer. setup on a windows 10 machine using the CD was easy, it give you an option to setup the WIFI or USB connection, once I choose the USB connection, the install uploaded new drivers and the supporting print utilities. setting up the WIFI printing was easy, Cannon has an APP for IOS and Andriod, since I had the OPRINT utility on my PC already I readlly didn't need the app but I downloaded it anyway, I tested printing from all devices and this printer worked flaulessly, I like the ability to double side print !

so no need for me to purchase a WIFI USB connection for my PC.

thanks all for your excellent help

Carmen Vitullo