Hughesnet Community

WILL HUGHESNET GUARD MY GATE....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franciann

WILL HUGHESNET GUARD MY GATE....

...WAY laptop? My laptop has been locked for a few years since someone disabled the admin user rights and the recovery disk was long gone. I recently purchased a disk on eBay and was able to enter the world of bios and unlock it (3 hours of reading and research later). Now that I have my laptop back, I want to use it. If I log into my Hughes net account is the antivirus software that I pay for magically going to float through the wires to my laptop and protect it? Is it too old for protection? Will I have to pay more in my monthly bill? It's a Gateway and it's running Vista windows 7.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Franciann

"If I log into my Hughes net account is the antivirus software that I pay for magically going to float through the wires to my laptop and protect it?"

What is the antivirus you have or have purchased?  Is it something from HughesNet? 

"Will I have to pay more in my monthly bill?" -

Did you just buy an antivirus product from HughesNet?  

"It's a Gateway and it's running Vista windows 7."

Windows Vista and Windows 7 are two different operating systems.  There is no Vista Windows 7.  

Brooke
Alum

Hi Franciann, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I don't see any antivirus protection from us added on. If you're referring to an antivirus that isn't associated with your services with HughesNet, we wouldn't be able to determine that. 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hello Franciann, I haven't heard from you so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further issues, we'll be here to help! 

Thank you.

-Brooke