Hughesnet is the worst!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelseyv91
New Poster

Hughesnet is the worst!!!

I called last week to report a problem with my data and they told me there was a problem and that they would send another modem and reset my data usage and then 5 minutes later they said oh nevermind there isn’t anything wrong and we’re only giving you 5 gb of data back they’re supervisors and custermor service representatives are a hunch of liars and repeaters they do NOT do ANYTHING to help you as the customer I explained to them over and over that I do not have anything connected to our WiFi that could possibly go through our entire data plan in less than one week and they wouldn’t do anything to resolve it. All they did was keep offering for me to pay for more data tokens! I don’t want to pay more for your horrible service! Currently Looking into all the other satellite companies in my area
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kelseyv91 

Firstly, this section is concerning this Community, not HughesNet's service.  

Secondly, if you would like help with figuring out what is using your data so quickly, please start a new topic in Tech Support.  Though you may not believe you have anything connected that can use that much data, this isn't necessarily the case.  When you create the new topic, telling us what you have connected to your modem will help to know where to look.  You can see your currently and past connected devices, since the HughesNet modem was last plugged in, here.  

The following posts may also help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

maratsade

Did you want help here or did you just come to announce you were looking for other internet services in your area?  If the former, it might help if you don't bite the hand that could help you -- mind your manners.  Also, post in the right section, like @GabeU suggested.   

If the latter, you don't really need to announce this -- no one cares. When it comes to subscribers, it's lose some, get some.  Nature of business and all that. 

kelseyv91 wrote:
I called last week to report a problem with my data and they told me there was a problem and that they would send another modem and reset my data usage and then 5 minutes later they said oh nevermind there isn’t anything wrong and we’re only giving you 5 gb of data back they’re supervisors and custermor service representatives are a hunch of liars and repeaters they do NOT do ANYTHING to help you as the customer I explained to them over and over that I do not have anything connected to our WiFi that could possibly go through our entire data plan in less than one week and they wouldn’t do anything to resolve it. All they did was keep offering for me to pay for more data tokens! I don’t want to pay more for your horrible service! Currently Looking into all the other satellite companies in my area

Maryf614
New Poster

They are the worst, we have no other services. Good luck. If you find one can you add it to this thread.

maratsade

No, you shouldn't add to this thread, Mary.  This section is about this website, not the Hughesnet service. Want to rant pointlessly? There's Twitter and Facebook, so kindly go there and rant. This site is not for ranting, it's for solving problems, which you are not doing. 

Do you need tech support? We're here for you.  Want to spew venom? Not the right place to do it.