cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickO
New Poster

Robinhood

Good Day everyone,

I just want to say with all that's going on in the world I didn't think I would have to worry about my internet,.. well that's not so with this hughes net thing that has monopoly on the web if you live rural area that should have fiber optics, for God sakes this is 2021 and we put people on the moon and I can't get a stupid signal with out buffing on sattlelite internet "come on man" I feel we are being nickel, dime to death. What are your thoughts:

1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They don't have a monopoly in rural areas. In many rural areas there is competition from another satellite internet provider, plus internet provided by companies like Verizon.  HN is in rural areas because they fill a need, and without them, many of us would have no internet options.

The bigger problem is that the big cable/fiber companies don't find rural areas appealing. Perhaps your energy would be better spent in contacting those companies and asking them why they don't want your business. You could also contact your representatives in Congress to inquire what they are doing to bring cable, fiber, etc. to your area. 

NickO wrote:

Good Day everyone,

I just want to say with all that's going on in the world I didn't think I would have to worry about my internet,.. well that's not so with this hughes net thing that has monopoly on the web if you live rural area that should have fiber optics, for God sakes this is 2021 and we put people on the moon and I can't get a stupid signal with out buffing on sattlelite internet "come on man" I feel we are being nickel, dime to death. What are your thoughts: