Hughesnet Community

5 dollar paper billing fee. Very disappointed. I will be canceling before my 30 day trial period is up.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim Metz

5 dollar paper billing fee. Very disappointed. I will be canceling before my 30 day trial period is up.

Just hooked up to Hughes yesterday, was told to call and have them remove my credit card from the account to get paper billing. When I did this I was then told that there will be a 5 dollar paper billing fee. Very disappointed. I will be canceling before my 30 day trial period is up.
3 REPLIES 3
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You can eliminate credit card payment and pay here each month: http://my.hughesnet.com/dashboard/loginaccount//view_dashboard.pyt?dashboardID=462319#Log In

Just won't get a paper bill.
Pawnee County

The only problem is as soon as the anniversary date hits so does HughesNet's debit to your CC.  I ask them about not using the auto pay BS and they said it would be 5.00 per month for paper billing and they don't offer electronic billing.  What it boils down to is Hughes wants to maintain control and collect when they want to.  That is another reason I will drop them when my agreement period is up and go back to a USB connect card.  Probably ATT via Cricket, (no contract,) now that they merged with ATT and no longer use CDMA.
Liz

Good morning Tim,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed, but you can follow sgoshe's suggestion above and do the one-time pay option every month if you do not want your card to be automatically debited. As sgoshe noted, you won't get a paper bill in the mail using this method, but you can view and print out your bill online if you wish to have a hard copy. 

Feel free to contact us again if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!