Account renewed when I was trying to cancel and no one told me

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lolli
Freshman

Account renewed when I was trying to cancel and no one told me

I've been trying to cancel my service with them for months now. The first man I talked to some months back had told me to wait until December 6th to cancel so I wouldn't have to pay a termination fee and that marks the end of my contract also. I said alright and dealt with it. He said we could lower my package since that would still leave me with something.... the service doesn't work here and it will shut off whenever there's some wind or if it rains. I hated the fact I was paying so much money for that crap service. About a month or so later I called again. I was willing to pay the termination fee because I needed it to be over with. That lady sat there and gave me the run around and was trying to tell me to change all this stuff and she kept running diagnostics or whatever. Then I was supposed to been getting a call from a tech person and do more stuff. I gave up on all of that and I was so freaking annoyed. I call today and the first person ended up hanging up on me... I called again and this time I'm finally getting somewhere  .... or at least I thought. I told the guy that I wanted to cancel my service since December is next month and the guy I spoke to months ago said to do it before December 6th. This guy did the whole run around with the apologies and wanted to know what I was switching to and what I was trying to use the internet for and blah blah blah. I'm not even mad at that because that's their job. What made freaking mad was this. I told him I didn't want to do any of the modifications and that I just wanted to cancel since I was told to do it before that December date since that's when my contract cancels. This dude tells me that my contract won't be over until September... 2022!!!! What the actual heck!??! I'm so confused because I was originally told to wait until December to cancel and now I'm stuck another year.... I didn't want another contract!!!! I want to be done with this!!! I don't like the fact that I'm paying that much for service that shuts out so easily and can't do anything even with the simplest device!!! I'm so over this and I just want hughesnet out of my house. I can't believe I was lied to and when I told the guy what I was originally told months ago he said that the first guy gave me wrong information.... I waited this freaking long just to find out I was put into another contract... I really hate this service and I don't recommend it!!

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have any reference numbers you could provide? These would speed things up in terms of the reps on this site investigating what happened. 

Remy

Lolli,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! Before we proceed, I'll need a bit more information. Please send you account number or a phone number attached to the account to this link! This will help us take a look into what's going on with your account!

Thanks,

Remy