Hughesnet Community

Actual Data Usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curtis1

Actual Data Usage

Everyday my meter says I have 20Gbs of Data. I know I have used data. How do I get an actual reading to know how much I have left?
2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Curtis1

If you're still in your first 20 days of service this is normal.  During the first 20 days your service is in a "relaxed bandwidth" state, meaning your data is constantly refilling.  HughesNet does this as a courtesy to allow new customers to update/upgrade their devices to current without it affecting what would be their normal monthly data allotment, as performing those actions can use a lot of data, especially if those devices haven't been connected to the net in quite some time.  

If you're past your first 20 days of service, but your data is still not showing any usage and you have surely used some, please create a new post in the Tech Support section so that the issue can be investigated.  

Amanda

Hi Curtis,

The response provided by GabeU is correct. Just wanted to add that this information is included in our new customer welcome email. We also have some great new articles that I think are helpful to new customers: http://support.hughesnet.com/

Thanks

Amanda