Hughesnet Community

After reading all the negative reviews and complaints should I stop my purchase of Hughes net service before they come out and install it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Detra Fondren

After reading all the negative reviews and complaints should I stop my purchase of Hughes net service before they come out and install it?

I just purchased internet with hugged net due to moving into a place someone had an outlandish bill with century link(great service) they Have not came out and installed anything yet; what I'm asking is should I try to fond service somewhere else? Can I cancel the contract since ity hasn't started yet and get my money back?
54 REPLIES 54
Pawnee County

One thing while I don't stream a lot of video (just news clips) I do stream internet radio via soma and can listen darn near all day long in my workshop and only use about 70mb to 100mb of bandwidth.
Pawnee County

You got that right Jezra my only complaint is low data cap but even if throttled it does pretty much all I need it for.  By the way even throttled I can listen to soma and rarely a buffer maybe 5 or 10 seconds long once or twice in a four or five hour period.
Pawnee County

mecmaine:

You can always go wireless then you'll see what bad really is.  Pay twice the price for half the bandwidth.  Most wireless providers offer something like 2gb for &50.00 and if you go over they will either charge an outrages price for overage or slow to EDGE (144k max normally 55k) speed.  If you have problems with HughesNet service let someone here know what it is.  
JdyPat Lynch Ga

i had good service for 8 years with hughesnet.. then i upgraded to gen 4.  nothing but trouble since then.   suddenly i run out of broadband after 3 days when i had seldom used my allotment up in the whole 8 years.  my broadband is flying out the window and there is no explanation for it.  since im out in the wilderness this is my only hope for internet and they are eating me alive because of that.  now t hey are denying that i paid my last bill and even after talking with my bank and two faxes from my bank acknowledging that i did pay my bill the service is still turned off.  they deny that the payment was paid at all even aft er two conversations with the bank and two faxes from the bank.  they lie on every phone call.  it would be easier if i could understand a few words from the representive.  surely some american is needing a job and can talk so they can be understood.. im so sick of this ..they have accused me of fraud and turned it over to a fraud team..   how can i be guilty of fraud when they have all the money i owe them?  if i had any othe choice i would definately not ever say the word hughesnet again as long as i live.   Excede has the same complaints against them as hughesnet so they are not a  choice either.
gastank

I have just gotten Gen4 a I have no problems..

Chris11
Alum

Hi JdyPat,

Please create a new post and remember to include a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modems serial so we can better assist you.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris Wells

cuddlebug, I have had Hughes for about one year now and I have had nothing but problems since the upgrade to Gen4.  Oh, I get the internet fine but for some reason, and technical support cannot figure it out, I cannot sign into the Dashboard to review my account with Hughes.  Despite these problems, I am lucky as we also subscribe to cable with Verizon, and there is no comparison in the quality of reception.  Yes, before I found out about all the problems with Hughes, I got locked into a 2 year contract, 1 year to go, at which time I do not see any need to continue with Hughes unless they can make some drastic changes.  I wanted to go into business with the internet but you cannot move the equipment without permission from Hughes and this will cause me some problems as I would be on-the -road quite often. 
jmtay200

I  really regret this company I would not use them at all they have slow speeds and regulate the data to manage there service and just flat out lie about it

margie2

I have had good service overall....it is more expensive but if you live in an area where no one will service you with high speed internet, it is very reasonable....I wish there was not a download allowance, but once you get used it, it's not bad.  I have had equipment break down and they serviced me with no problems....I highly recommend HughesNet if you can't get other service....no place is going to give you everything you want.
Brandon Carter

Actually you can cancel within the first 30DAYS OF THE INSTALL.. Contract , 2yrs, starts day 31... 30 days after your activation... If cable is available, take it... If not Hughes can support any business or personal needs... Unless you want to stream music/videos... If you do choose the replay option as SD not HD...
Brandon Carter

Their not there... Jmtay200... If you stream or have access to other otptions, then please go with them... If there's a problem create a new problem forum with case #, or the issue... Don't influence others by your experience, unless it's validated...
Pawnee County

Hey Brandon

I stream music all the time without any video Soma or other radio doesn't use very much data at all.
Melissa Butler

I have the HT 1100 modem, how do I know if it is an Jupiter, brand new dish !!!???