Hughesnet Community

Anyone else have a problem signing into the Community Boards using IE and Hughesnet sign on since the update to the latest W10 version?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Anyone else have a problem signing into the Community Boards using IE and Hughesnet sign on since the update to the latest W10 version?

Since updating to the latest W10 revision on the 12th, I noticed that signing in to the Community Boards using IE and my Hughesnet credentials has become impossible.  In fact, just after the update I noticed that IE had signed me out of the community, whereas I was always signed in. 

When I go to sign in, it gives me the option of how I want to sign in, I choose Hughesnet, as I always have, put my name and password, then when I hit enter it says something about starting the session, then when the page pops back up, I'm not signed in, whereas when it popped back up before I would be signed in. 

The funny thing is, when using IE I can sign in using my "get satisfaction" sign on, and when using Chrome I can use either the Hughesnet or "get satisfaction" sign on, and it works just fine.  It just won't work now with IE and my Hughesnet sign on credentials, while it always has before. 

I know the update to the latest revision did involve some changes/updates to IE 11, but I was just curious if anyone else had this odd problem.

As I said, I can still sign in using my "get satisfaction" sign on in IE, and using my "get satisfaction" AND Hughesnet sign on using Chrome, so it's not stopping me from using the site.  It's just a curiosity.   

No virus or malware.  It most definitely has something to do with the update to the latest revision and whatever it did to IE 11.   

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for letting us know in detail. We'll try to reproduce this on our Win10 machine. Do you have any add-ons/extensions on your IE?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

The only add-ons/extensions are Logitech Setpoint, which is disabled, and Webroot (my antivirus), which has been on this computer for three years. 

It's not a high priority thing in the least bit, as I can still sign the other way with IE or using either way with Chrome. 

I was just curious if anyone else had this occur after the update. 

I have yet to update my seldom used laptop to the newest W10 revision.  When I do I will see if it does the same thing. 

Liz

Hi Gabe,

Just tried it on our Windows 10 machine, although we have Win 10 Pro, and I was able to log into the community fine via the HughesNet sign in button. Have you tried clearing your browser cache to see if that makes any difference? If no difference, please take a screenshot of the error message you're seeing so we have that for reference.

Let me know if you get around to updating your laptop, too, to see if the same thing persists there.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Liz,

Thanks for checking it out for me.  Interestingly enough, my laptop signs in using my Hughesnet credentials just fine.  I've tried numerous things with this desktop, including clearing the cache, turning monitoring programs off, etc.  I'll have to just fiddle around with different things to see if I can figure out what it is, but it's most definitely something having to do with this desktop, alone.  I appreciate the help. 

For now I will just use my Get Satisfaction sign on when using my desktop, so it's no big deal in any sense of the word, as it still connects to the same account, anyway.  If I do figure out what is causing it, I will go ahead and post it on here in case you, or anyone else, is interested in what it was. 

Again, thanks for the help.  I certainly appreciate it.   

Liz

Iiiinteresting. Thanks for the update on this!

-Liz