Automatic upgrade of modem and the radio at the dish in upstate NY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickandJulie
New Poster

Automatic upgrade of modem and the radio at the dish in upstate NY

I received call this past week from a  person identifying them as HughesNet.  It was from a number in Monroe, Louisiana (318-557-2829, which according to the reverse lookup is in Shreeveport, LA).

The person stated that HughesNet was voluntarily upgrading all the equipment in the area and wanted to schedule an appointment for this next week to install the equipment.  I explained that we are seasonal residents and that we could only be there on April 27th.  The caller said "No Problem" and would call in the future to schedule.

Can anyone explain what the deal is?  I checked my account for notifications or any other information on this and there is nothing.  Is this a SCAM?  

My Service Plan is:

HughesNet Gen4 Connect Pro

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning PatrickandJulie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We're glad you brought this to our attention. It seems that this number does belong to a HughesNet reseller, but we're a bit wary of their offer. If you would like to upgrade to Gen 5, please give us a call at 866.347.3292. You can also check out the Gen 5 plans and prices beforehand here if you enter your address: https://www.hughesnet.com/

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Good morning PatrickandJulie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We're glad you brought this to our attention. It seems that this number does belong to a HughesNet reseller, but we're a bit wary of their offer. If you would like to upgrade to Gen 5, please give us a call at 866.347.3292. You can also check out the Gen 5 plans and prices beforehand here if you enter your address: https://www.hughesnet.com/

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!