Hughesnet Community

Billing for Cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brains28

Billing for Cancellation

Talked into signing up with Hughes from Direct tv after I had already signed up with XFINITY for $44 a month with 1 year contract. From the start the uploads were extremely slow, dealt with it as we were not home much. Within a few months I had been diagnosed with cancer and we had to put our house for sale as I had to start a trial for my treatment, which is not local and in another state. I called to cancel and was told I would owe $300 for cancellation. The rep kept advising me to take the service with me. I advised I can not do that as we would be living in our RV, which most time would be parked in the hospital parking lot, while I go through the trial, every 14 days or so, we get to stay at Ronald McDonald House, refresh a little and back to the rv. If a room is not available we move to a campground for a couple days to dump out and refresh our water tank. They kept pushing the fact that I can take Hughes with me anywhere. This is not true, as I can not have a satellite dish in a parking lot of a hospital or at a campground. I explained and then they said well we will then charge you the $300. Like In don't have enough bills to pay with my medical.. Then they told me they can not cancel account until mid May due to billing and would send the return boxes and asked me for an address to send them to. I advised them I DON'T HAVE AN ADDRESS. I told them the equipment had to stay in the home we sold, a mobile home. They said they would send it there. In am now relying on a new owner to send my stuff back. To date, they have not received the return boxes. I cancelled beginning of April. The cancellation fee has hit my account and I barely have any money left in my account from sale of house and this charge, due to excessive medical bills. My husband has returned to our home area to stay on a friends couch while he works to make more money to come stay with me during treatment for the next few months of my trial. This is exhausting and should not be this difficult. Things happen in life and if I could have taken it with me, I would have, but I couldn't. I thought there would be some exception for moving to a location that you could not take your service. I am broke now and alone while husband trying to rummage money. The new owners kept the dish tv, but tried to use the satellite after we moved out and service was so slow, they could not use it. Could not even watch Netflix or run a laptop as the wan works from home. That $300 could have paid forn21 days of my medication. Thanks Hughes. Where are my return boxes?
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hello Brains28,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I am more than happy to investigate this situation for you and find a solution that works for you in the meantime. Since some of this will require us to discuss billing information, I will send you more details in a private message. You can see your message inbox by clicking on the envelope in the top right hand side of the web page. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hello Brains28,

Please be sure to check your private messages, as this thread will be closed. I am sending you the final update on your case via private message.

Thank you,

Amanda