Hughesnet Community

Cancel my service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClawsonLC

Cancel my service

sold my home, need to cancel effective 3/19/2020. All I'm asking for is a cancellation, where do I send my equipment, Closing Invoice. Have been on hold for over 6 hours, tried chat option, waited so long that my internet disconnected, called multiple times, most recently yesterday and your robot said call some other time. No help with e-mail either. I have left messages multiple times, no response, no call. I have never had such poor customer service. All of my other services and accounts have been longer than usual wait times, but I was successful in making contact with a pleasant person on the other end. HughesNet, NOT SO MUCH!
1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.