Cancel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaraandJustin
Spectator

Cancel

I'm in my first week of service and I can't/don't have time to play around with CSR. My internet keeps dropping, streaming is awful, and it's taking my child twice as long to finish school work. As a single parent I can't take anymore time out of my day to spend at family/friends houses for my child to do his homework. You stated that the service was great in my area, I'm not seeing it. I'm using my phone data to even post this because the internet won't load at 11pm. I can't afford no working internet or your termination fee. Not an I willing to hurry up and wait on you to take me past a month of this. Is canceling this early with no large fee possible?
3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Amanda

Hello TaraandJustin,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I understand you feel you don't want to or don't have time to troubleshoot with us, however from our side everything looks good, so we would need to troubleshoot with you to figure out what is going on. So far I only see that you've e-mailed us, the agent recommended you call us and we have no record of any calls made to us. 

We can do our best to assist you here, but need more details. Based on your concerns we should address the more pertinent issue of your son being unable to do his homework. Is your son doing homework on a specific device (laptop, desktop, iPad, etc) using a particular app or specific website? Does the homework include videos or is it an interactive lab activity? How far away are these devices from the modem (if wireless)? I see that the 2.4Ghz radio is disabled on the modem, which means that you may lose connectivity at a far distance from the HughesNet Wi-Fi modem if you're only using the 5Ghz band. Additionally, older devices that do not support 5Ghz will not be able to wirelessly connect to the HughesNet Wi-Fi modem. 

Looking forward to assisting you.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Tara,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we will be closing this thread. If you have further issues please create a new thread responding to my post above.

Thank you

Amanda