Hughesnet Community

Cancelling service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lridenour

Cancelling service

I fulfilled my contract obligation and tried to cancel my service.  I paid in full for the 2 year contract and was told I had nothing else to do.  They would be sending me a box to return my equipment.  I waited about a month and got a past due balance.  I called and was told my account was STILL active.  I argued and was told they'd adjust my bill to zero and send me the box to return my equipment.  A month later and I've got YET ANOTHER BILL AND STILL NO BOX to return my equipment!!

While Hughesnet was not the "fastest" internet service I've ever had it worked well considering the options available to me in our remote area.  But I can guarantee I will NEVER use Hugesnet again NOR will I ever recommend them to someone.  Their customer service is A JOKE!  Now I've got to take yet MORE TIME from my schedule to call and fight with them AGAIN!

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi lridenour,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. I've pulled up your account to review your case history. I'll post back once I have any updates for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi lridenour,

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your concerns. I was able to locate the original call wherein you were incorrectly led to believe that you did not have to take further action once your contract was up. I do apologize that the agent misspoke--in order to cancel the HughesNet service, the customer must call us at 866.347.3292, receive the proper cancellation information as well as confirmation of the cancellation on that call. 

Then once the service is actually cancelled, whether immediately or at the end of the billing cycle, the lease return kit is shipped, and can take up to 10 business days to arrive.

In your case, the service was cancelled at the end of your billing cycle, so on 11/30 the service was cancelled, then on 12/1 we prepared to start shipping your return kit. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM with your UPS tracking number for the kit.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, the call center manager will be informed so we can better improve our service. Good luck with your future ISP and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jmanning

Please refrain from violating the Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.  If you don't know them, please read them in the "About the Community" section.

This is a support site.