Change my phone number plz!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Walker
Freshman

Change my phone number plz!!!!

I have called not once, not twice, but three times and spoke with a rep of HughesNet each time to try to change my number. Each time they have told me that it has been succefully changed. Now I’m told that the tech has tried to get in touch with me to replace my equipment, but said it was the wrong number. As a result, the faulty equipment has caused a lot of data to be used apparently because 41% of my data was used within one day and like 10-15% of the data in the free zone was gone as well. I wouldn’t have wondered where SOME of the data went if I were home that evening or that night but I wasn’t. Everyone in the house was gone and the only thing that was connected to the internet was my tv with an Ethernet cable. What gives?! Now we are sitting here with NONE of our data plan 3 days into it. Soooo frustrating.
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C-Walker 

I'm sure a rep will reply tomorrow in order to ensure that a tech visit is scheduled to replace your faulty equipment, as well make sure your number is changed.  

anniem05
New Poster

I had this issue and it could not be resolved.  It had to be elevated to programmers who reprogrammed to get the system so I could change my phone number.  The fine folks at Hughes.net also deleted my payment method intending to add it right back in testing what was wrong and couldn't do that either. Each month during this process I was getting a paper bill with a $5 upcharge on it because it wasn't on autopay, LOL.  I had to call in wait in cue and explain everything to get the charge removed and pay the bill.  More that that each month the employee on the line, feeling like they were the one who could conquer the world when all others couldn't,went through the full monty to replace my card information and phone number in the system.  LOL .  It was a couple of hours each month until it was repaired.  

Perhaps try changing it here: Account Information

There are two places to change: Day (work) and Night (home) numbers where you may be contacted.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Wish I could. I have tried changing it in my profile on here several times and it says invalid number or something.
maratsade

Are you saying it has never been resolved, or that it finally was resolved?  And are you still a subscriber?

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

anniem05 wrote:

I had this issue and it could not be resolved.  It had to be elevated to programmers who reprogrammed to get the system so I could change my phone number.  The fine folks at Hughes.net also deleted my payment method intending to add it right back in testing what was wrong and couldn't do that either. Each month during this process I was getting a paper bill with a $5 upcharge on it because it wasn't on autopay, LOL.  I had to call in wait in cue and explain everything to get the charge removed and pay the bill.  More that that each month the employee on the line, feeling like they were the one who could conquer the world when all others couldn't,went through the full monty to replace my card information and phone number in the system.  LOL .  It was a couple of hours each month until it was repaired.  

Liz

Hello Candice, 

Thank you for posting. As I have stated in our previous conversation, you can call the dealer to schedule an appointment for a time that works best for you. I've also escalated your case so that the dealer has your current number, and they may also reach out to you. This should resolve any issues you are having. If you have any questions regarding contacting the dealer, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Felicia

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I didn’t receive a message from you guys for a bit so I figured I would post in here to see if anyone could help me out. Thanks for getting back with me guys. Much appreciated.
maratsade

Did you not read the message Liz and Felicia posted? "As I have stated in our previous conversation, you can call the dealer to schedule an appointment for a time that works best for you. I've also escalated your case so that the dealer has your current number, and they may also reach out to you. This should resolve any issues you are having. If you have any questions regarding contacting the dealer, please let me know. "

Or do you have a new issue? In that case, please describe it in detail. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

C-Walker wrote:
I didn’t receive a message from you guys for a bit so I figured I would post in here to see if anyone could help me out. Thanks for getting back with me guys. Much appreciated.

Maratsade, yes I did see the post ( after I had already stated my issue on community) and yes they have resolved my issue. Did you not see that I also thanked Felicia and Liz for their help?! But thanks for your input.