Hughesnet Community

Charged for data used to fix my system!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RenoHuskerDu

Charged for data used to fix my system!

We've had 4 outages. Spent an hour or more on the phone with support 3 times. They had me update, reinstall, reboot, etc.

Now my quota is 56% gone and we don't even live there yet.  So I'm  paying for the data downloads HugeNet support asked me to do. The fourth time they found a bad wire. 

2 REPLIES 2
RenoHuskerDu

HugeNet says something is using data late mornings, but it's a times when we were not at the house.

Weird

Hi RenoHuskerDu,

I see it's your first time posting here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to review your case history and I'm glad to see our agents have provided you with complimentary data tokens. As the previous agent noted, you can follow our troubleshooting steps to first rule out that the unidentified data usage is coming from our end. Afterwards, it's a process of elimination to determine where the majority of your data is coming from. 

Our community is made up of fellow HughesNet subscribers like yourself, and they've recommended GlassWire, a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Feel free to ask the community for tips on using GlassWire.

There's also this thread with plenty of ideas as to what can use data without your knowledge and how to best manage your monthly data allowance.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!