Hughesnet Community

Charging me $275 for repair tech to fix service I pay $120/month for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobCat1981
New Poster

Charging me $275 for repair tech to fix service I pay $120/month for?

Hughesnet, as a business account I was told to expect better service all around. When I still had a residential account I was able to get a $125 repair fee waived when it was established I was not at fault for anything going on. 

And today, when I have these weird error state codes that told tech support I "had a bad cable" that it would be $275 to send someone out here to fix something that:

a) I didn't break

b) I pay for service that I'm just expected to pay for when it stops working? 

Oh and I just LOVED finding out I was looking at a $565 termination fee. That is a joke. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This community is geared towards residential customers; the moderators have limited capabilities with business accounts. For business accounts, you will need to call 800.347.3272 for support.

This is what I was told when I called Support for my business account, not sure how that changes anything. I think other people would be interested to know about what I was told. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've seen that before, phone support sending people here for business accounts, when this community is geared to residential accounts and the HN staff on site have very little access to the business accounts.  Which is something people reading this need to know too.