Contract fulfilled.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
multavita
New Poster

Contract fulfilled.

At the beginning of our contract we paid $500 and bought our own equipment.

Our contract ends on 10/26/19.

How do I end service?

I haven't found any questions that address my situation.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You need to call Customer Service to cancel. 

multavita wrote:

At the beginning of our contract we paid $500 and bought our own equipment.

Our contract ends on 10/26/19.

How do I end service?

I haven't found any questions that address my situation.

GabeU

@multavita 

The phone number for HughesNet Customer Support is 866-347-3292.  

Regarding your upcoming cancellation, they normally terminate the service at the end of what is then the current service month due to the billing being for the current month rather than the past month (forward billing).  As an example, when my new invoice is created and paid on Nov 5th it will be for service from Nov 5th through Dec 4th, not the prior month.  If I called on Nov 10th to cancel my service, it would be terminated at the end of the day on Dec 4th, because I've already paid for that current month's service.

However, when you call you can request an immediate cancellation and have refunded to you the prorated amount for the part of the service month you've paid for but haven't yet used.  Any data tokens that you have purchased and have not used, however, are not refundable.   

Hope this helps.  🙂

What happens with the equipment? Do we have to return anything since we paid for it up front?

GabeU

@multavita wrote:

What happens with the equipment? Do we have to return anything since we paid for it up front?

Since you paid for it up front, it's yours to keep.  You won't have to send anything back.