Express Repair Premium - RIP OFF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Islandgirl
New Poster

Express Repair Premium - RIP OFF

I have been a customer for almost 5 years.  I pay my monthly $11.95 to have express repair premium.  We had problems a few months back and response was quick and they adjusted the dish.  No problem was billed the $29.95.  This month we called to say the internet was dropping off a few times a day for no reason.  They scheduled someone to come out a week later... the guy was great!, he discovered that some of the parts outside on the dish were in need of replacement because they were old and corroded.  No problem!  He also said we needed to get the new modem, as the one we have was not supported, again no problem I called and upgraded to the new modem and also to Gen5, because the new modem does not support the old Gen4 50G plan I currently had.  I received in my monthly bill a charge for $125.00 + tax   for $138.52 for the service call.  So just why in the HE double toothpics did I get billed that instead of my $29.95 co pay?  I called billing, and the person in their broken english stated there was nothing wrong with the internet, so that I would be charged for the service call. Really? Since the parts were replaced on the dish I have not had any internet drops.

Now that is how you treat your long time loyal customers?  Well the Federal Communications Commision and the Better Business Bueau will be hearing from me on false advertisement for a service I paid $11.95 a month for over 4 years (roughly $657.25) that I did not get expedited service for nor my advertized copay.  I will be finding my internet service elsewhere unless they compensate me for what I paid in fees for the service or credit me the repair cost they automatically charged me for.

1 REPLY 1
Amanda

Hello Islandgirl,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I was able to locate your account and listen to the call where the repair order was created. The agent who spoke with the account holder, Christopher, did explain that without investigation or troubleshooting, a call for a technician would be considered out of warranty. On the call this was made clear and was agreed upon verbally. The normal Express Repair service cost of $29.95 would have applied if we did our normal troubleshooting process and determined there was a reason to send a technician out. 

Excerpt: 

Express Repair Terms and Conditions

5. Method of Service and Exchange

Hughes will require troubleshooting of the system over the telephone or otherwise to verify any failure prior to scheduling an onsite service call. If deemed necessary, Hughes will dispatch an authorized Hughes service technician to your location for onsite troubleshooting and restoration of your service.

I do see that our agents have applied a monthly service discount which overall will give you $90 in credits to your bill over the next couple of months, so I will apply the difference as a direct credit to your next bill.

Thank you,

Amanda