Hughesnet Community

GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alice Bowman

GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

We canceled our service and was told we would get a box to package everything back up in and we have not received it as of yet. Also we were told that we had to climb up on our roof to take the dish down to send it back. My husband and I are both disabled and  not able to climb on the roof. Now when this dish was installed the young guy who put it up there put it in a very precarious place, we don't want to ask someone else to take it down due to risk of them falling off our roof. We were told by Hughes net they would charge us something like $125, to come out and take it down. That is INSANE, your person put it there, I think you do this to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. 
46 REPLIES 46
Alice Bowman

Liz, yesterday when Kevin stopped by and got the dish off the roof. He told me he puts lots of silicone on the metal plate on the roof to seal it. 

I showed him where the roof had been leaking.

He did not think the dish was causing the leak. Well it is kinda funny that today it is raining, and since he sealed it so well yesterday, it is not leaking today at all.

So I am sorry but that would tell me that is WAS the dish causing the leak.
Mordacious

Alice

Roof leaks can be funny things. Possibly the dish mount may have contributed to a situation that was already there and made it worse and when the tech took it off and sealed the plate he fixed it.

Does it really matter what caused the leak? Isn't the important thing that it is fixed?

The dish is down, the parts have been returned and the leak is fixed, all at no cost to you.  Can't we all just get along now?
Alice Bowman

Mordacious

"the leak is fixed, all at no cost to you"
I highly doubt the "roof leak" was already there, we have only lived in this house for 2 yrs. The dish was put in 2 months after we bought the house. It has been leaking since the dish was put up. So actually yes it does really matter what caused the leak because my ceiling in that area is ruined. It was on an enclosed back porch area, with a drop ceiling. So now that it is no longer leaking, I have to replace the ceiling tiles. 

"The dish is down, the parts have been returned" It is not returned I am still waiting on the return box, I have to send it back myself.

"Can't we all just get along now?" Who said we were not getting along in the first place? 

Now  Mordacious I would like to politely ask you to move to another post an let me deal with Liz on this 
thanks 
Mordacious

With pleasure Alice. It's obvious you are the kind that has to point fingers. Everything has been rectified but you are not happy. You must be very lonely in your little world.

The leak has been fixed. WHO CARES WHAT CAUSED IT! It's fixed! Move on.
Alice Bowman

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE CHICAGOAN 
Alice Bowman

BTW At least I didn't have to lie about my husband being retired from the railroad. 
SMH I don't see railroad as any of your previous work places 

UPsell24
General Agent
Victor Comptometer Corporation
Draftsman · Chicago, Illinois
Arlington Park Hilton Hotel
Liquor Storeroom Manager · Arlington Heights, Illinois
Taco Bell
Assistant Manager · Des Plaines,  

You have a nice life in your little fantasy world

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Alice Bowman

sorry he just really pissed me off. He was all nice and friendly yesterday. Telling me how he was a railroader. My husband retired from the railroad little over 2 yrs ago.  
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

No need to apologize Alice, you have a legitimate complaint/issue, and yes, I am sure he did tick you off... I tend to tick people off as well, hence I kinda stay quiet these days and only post if I have something that is certainly helpful to the conversation... Such as telling a certain someone, to just, shat, up.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

No need to apologize Alice, you have a legitimate complaint/issue
Amen to that. Customer roof mounts always give me the willys.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Mordacious

So the roof mount was taken down (at no cost to her BTW) the leak has been fixed.

What is her complaint now? It's been fixed. DROP IT! MOVE ON. Get a life.
Talk about ungrateful. Liz did her a favor. Anyone else would have had to get the thing down themselves. And then not only did the radio come down, Liz had the entire mount taken down and patched. Any time you put holes in a roof you take certain risks

He did not think the dish was causing the leak. Well it is kinda funny that today it is raining, and since he sealed it so well yesterday, it is not leaking today at all.

So I am sorry but that would tell me that is WAS the dish causing the leak.
He didn't think it was the dish causing the leak....  SO WHAT?! It's fixed. What's your point?

No good deed ever goes unpunished. So what does she want now? A pint of blood, a pound of flesh, 30 pieces of silver?

And no, I didn't list every detail of my life on FB because frankly Alice, it's none of your business!
Brandon

Mordacious, you seem to be very confrontational in a lot of your posts, which is unfortunate because you do seem to be quite knowledgeable and helpful when you want to be.  i mean is there really any reason to continue to hassle Alice for something that isn't any of your business in the first place? 

This forum can often times be a very intimidating place for people to post in, especially those who aren't that knowledgeable, when you have posters like you berating people about issues that don't concern you in the first place
Alice Bowman

Thanks Brandon
Mordacious needs to be removed from this forum. He is nothing more than a BULLY. I am hoping LIz sees him comments and bans him from here.
Mordacious

When Alice decided to stick her nose into my life and publish stuff from my Facebook page she crossed the line and if this gets me booted from this forum so be it. Alice crossed the line and I for one am tired of people telling me I'm wrong because I will not kiss butt when I'm confronted by some lonely individual who has nothing better to do than whine more when she was given help.

Frankly I'm sick of individuals that want to do nothing but whine and complain. Alice should be thanking Liz not whining because the installer "THOUGHT" the mount wasn't the cause of the leak. Who cares, it's been fixed. Is Alice that lonely that she has to push the issue. First of all Liz has no control over the leak. If Alice wants to push the issue it's between her and the installer. 

The leak has been fixed Alice. Move the heck on, get a life.

Boot me, I've grown tired of trying to help a bunch of ingrates.
Alice Bowman

SEEMS TO ME MORDACIOUS THAT MY ORIGINAL COMMENT BACK WAS TO                      LIZ           NOT  YOU  SO YOU CAN JUST                DTFO
Brandon

this is a support forum designed to help people who are having problems relating to their hughesnet service. Of course people are going to complain and whine when they are having issues. That is human nature unfortunately. if you can't handle that, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting here

as for alice's issue: As the damage from the leaky roof is still there, I would certainly still care about the leak if I was in alice's position.
Brandon

this is a support forum designed to help people who are having problems relating to their hughesnet service. Of course people are going to complain and whine when they are having issues. That is human nature unfortunately. if you can't handle that, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting here

as for alice's issue: As the damage from the leaky roof is still there, I would certainly still care about the leak if I was in alice's position.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Mordacious...  I suggest removing your Facebook URL from your community profile if you don't want people to creep on ya... >.>

Also, Mordacious, chill, seriously, the OP has asked you to but out, so take your leave from the thread unless you have anything useful to add to the thread that would apply to the OP or Hughes.
Mordacious

I've said it at least 3 times and I'll say it AGAIN

HER ISSUE ISN'T WITH HUGHESNET,  IT'S WITH THE INSTALLER!!!!!!!!!!!
Liz

Good morning Alice, 

Thank you for the update, glad to hear the tech made it out there to de-install your equipment. As for the return kit, it can take up to 10 business days from the cancellation date to arrive. If you have any concern with that, just let me know.

If you have further concerns about damages, you may want to file a claim through your homeowner’s insurance.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Alice Bowman

Is there anyway you can tell me who our installer was?
thanks