Hughesnet Community

Getting away or out of contract, impossible! !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer Garner

Getting away or out of contract, impossible! !

Oh dear people, I really feel for you. My husband and I lived in the mountains, no Internet so we got hughes net. First they they told us his gaming would work, it didn't. Months later he got into an accident and we had to move into my parents! I mean this was serious but did hughes net give a crap?? Oh no all they wanted was $340 to get out of our bull crap service that didn't even work anyway. I couldn't work from home because pages wouldn't load etc. So from having zero money and having paid them $80 a month for nothing, what's anot her $340? Good luck to you all, they are the best example of getting money for nothing!
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hi Jennifer

We'd be happy to help you any way we can. Can you provide a recent case number or the serial number from your modem? This will allow us to locate your account.

Thank you,
Amanda
Jennifer Garner

Amanda, the serial number is : 83 00 10966709 AJ
The account is or was in my husband's name, Jon Garner. I'm not sure what any of this matters since Hughes Net already got there $340 cancelation fee and my husband is in a wheelchair. I know the accident and our financial situation is not your problem, I just thought maybe you would have a small bit of a heart. Dish Network didn't do this to us and we had further to go in our contract. Our landlord let us of us the lease, maybe our cars won't get repossessed until my husband gets better.
Chris11
Alum

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry for the late response. We've been looking through your account and through your cancellation process. I'm very sorry to hear about your husband, and hope he is doing better. We are always willing to work with customers in extraneous circumstances. We would of liked this to be resolved in a more satisfactory manner. Looking back at your case notes and the cancellation call, the agent did not leave notes mentioning the unfortunate event with your husband. Only that you asked for a lower fee because you rarely used the service. While I'm sure it was talked about, every situation is taken via a case by case basis. We wouldn't be able to reverse the charge at this point, until we do a sale call review. That way we can clearly gauge whether or not you were correctly informed when signing up. It can take a few days for the results. If you were misled, we are definitely willing to offer a refund of fees. I will update you soon.

Thank you,
Chris