Greedy Lying HughesNet Reps

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holleman
New Poster

Greedy Lying HughesNet Reps

So on April 11 my mother's service went down for the third time in a year. She called customer support and went through their tests only to be told a tech would need to come out yet again and that she should upgrade to Gen5. She set up the appointment for a few days later. During the wait we experienced a family emergency and she had to leave town. I postponed the tech and called back Hughes customer service myself to explain the situation. I was told my mother's account would be credited for the time she was down once we were able to get the system back online. On April 30th, she called Hughes back and decided to quit the service all together as we, her children, weren't at home anymore and she wasn't online much and was on a fixed budget. The Rep convinced her to freeze the account for 6 months in case she wanted to reconsider. She agreed. Two days later she was charged her monthly $74.89 fee. She again called Hughes and was told she would be refunded her $74.89 and for the down time she suffered in April and was promised would be refunded. After being put on hold for 20 minutes she was apparently told she'd have to wait a few weeks and see if the refund would come through. Seriously? You're ripping off senior citizens now? She's been a customer with Hughes for a decade as she lives out in a rural area and this is the thanks she gets? You should all be ashamed.

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Before going on a judgemental tirade, you may want to give the Hughesnet reps on this site time to verify your claims and check your mother's account. It's very likely they have already helped, or they will, but you may need to wait a day or so to see this reflected on the account. 

Liz

Hello holleman,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We certainly appreciate your mother's long time committment to HughesNet, so I definitely want to get to the bottom of this. Please allow me some time to investigate what happened and I'll post back once I have any updates.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Perhaps I came in a little hot. Finding out someone took money from my senior citizen mother who wasn't expecting it pushed my buttons. Thanks for any help you can Liz.

Hello holleman,

Thank you for your patience while I dug into your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks again Liz.