HUGHESNET FRAUD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarNorCal
New Poster

HUGHESNET FRAUD

I canceled my hughesnet account months ago due to their inability to provide the speeds and bandwidths as promised in conversations and in writing. Since then, they have been attempting to fraudulently bill my American express card over and over. They refuse to transfer me, per US Law, to a US based call center for resolution, instead they insist I speak with someone named Tony Gray with such a thick Asian accent I can’t understand a word that comes out of his mouth. I have OVER 40 hours logged and documented on tech support attempting to resolve issue with the service. I’ve had over four different techs at the house attempting a fix, nothing! I allowed them to install this new “gen 5”**bleep** as they said it even surpasses in performance what they advertise, again major BULL! Their CSR’s are rude, uneducated, and barley able to communicate in English! They will lie, blur facts or whatever else is required to get you off the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE COMPLETE FRAUDS! They auto dial my home and cell phone all hours of the day and night often times with no one on the other end. SIGN A CONTRACT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you looked at yourself? You are exhibiting the very same behaviour that you criticise in others.  

This is a tech support site, not a rant site. The small percentage of Hughesnet customers that have tech or billing issues come here to help resolve them.  The rest of their about 1 million customers are doing just fine.  Ranting doesn't help anyone. 

**I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.**

Liz

Hi FarNorCal,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I see you are concerned with us trying to take payment for an outstanding balance on your account. After reviewing your billing history, I see this is a valid charge. Our phone agents have provided you half off your Early Termination Fee, so you're still responsible for part of it, hence the attempts to charge your card to settle your final balance. 

Your case history indicates that the cancellation was done May 3, and since I see no outbound calls from our agents. Our agents personally do the outbound calls--we do not do auto-dials, and we do not do outbound calls demanding payment on outstanding balances. I hope this clears things up for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!