Help please, Amanda or Liz, moderators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TKay
Freshman

Help please, Amanda or Liz, moderators

This is my first time to post.  We have been with hughesnet for 2 years in Oklahoma with slow but managable service. Now we've moved to Arkansas and (supposedly) upgraded to Gen5 and had nothing but problems getting the upgrade.  After 4 lengthly phone conversations, we are still on the slow Gen4 service (actually slower than before) but being charged for Gen5.  Each rep says the problem is solved and will show up from 24 to 48 hours and I am still waiting. I have never received the promised callbacks or emails other than the survey.  I see I am one of many that has this same problem. That certainly doesnt speak well for the company.   If either of you could respond to this, it would be deeply appreciated to think that someone is listening - better yet, fixing the problem. 

Thanks,

T. Kay

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi TK,

This has been fixed, your Gen 5 plan is in effect. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

You're very welcome TKay, I'm glad you found the community so we could sort this out for you! Feel free to drop by again if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Hi T.Kay,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly take care of this for you. I pulled up your account to investigate and for some reason the Gen 5 order is blocked in the system. I just need to let the billing folks know to fix that. I'll escalate this to them, but keep in mind as it is after regular business hours, they may not get to this until next week. I'll keep an eye on this for you and make sure you're fully on Gen 5.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

thank you.  I will be awaiting your solution.  I appreciate your quick response.

Hi Liz. Just checking in to see how things were moving along with the gen 5 upgrade.  Still shows gen 4.    Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,

TK 

Good morning TK,

Thanks for checking in, I pinged our billing folks to make sure my request on your behalf didn't slip through any cracks; they're usually very expeditious. I'll reach out to them again and let you know.

Hi TK,

This has been fixed, your Gen 5 plan is in effect. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Kudos to you Liz.  We are showing Gen5 now and the speed is fast. - Much faster than anything we had previously in Oklahoma. You did everything you promised and in a timely manner.  And in all fairness, every rep I dealt with was courteous and gave me the impression they were doing everything they knew to do.  Each one said my Gen5 was blocked and tried to start over, going so far as to give me free tokens and credit for the inconvenience.  So i feel they were sincerely trying.  With your help, it is accomplished.  Your company made it right and I couldn't ask for more.  Thanks again.   

You're very welcome TKay, I'm glad you found the community so we could sort this out for you! Feel free to drop by again if you have any other concerns.