Hughesnet Community

Hidden Fees & Charges:

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cokerfam55

Hidden Fees & Charges:

Hi, I am having trouble understanding the charges that have been made on my bill. It seems that there are hidden fees that were not explained to me nor authorized during my initial registration of your services. For example, a soft credit check that was not authoized for the ability to purchase equipment that I am not even interested in purchasing. I was just told about this when contacting the number given to inquire about billing, however the gentelmen who was "helping" me told me that I needed to post on here to receive help. I don't understand. He said that this months bill, for February, is $14.83 less than it will be next month because the $14.83 was taken out earlier. First of all, I never authorized this credit check that I was charged for and secondly, if I am going to be charged an additional $14.83 on the rest of my bills, then my payments are going to be much greater than I was anticipating and I did not sign on with that knowledge. I was told that my bill would be $59.98 plus tax. Please advise. I would like to know what I am being charged and if I was charged for credit checks that I did not authorize, I would like that money refunded to me...I never wanted to buy your equipment. I appreciate your help and would also like to speak with someone in person, someone who can actually help me, and not communicate everything through this forum. Thank you for your time and honesty of these new charges. 

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Hello cokerfam55,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I have already located your account and will begin investigating right away, starting with a sales call review request. I am sure we will reach a resolution that works for you. Please note since we're nearing the end of office hours here on a Friday, I may not have more information to relay to you until Monday. Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Amanda

Cherlle
Spectator

Good luck.  My bill is now up to 89.97 and I get terrible service.  I am charged for the modem, and they upgraded me so I wouldn't cancel and are now charging me.  

Amanda

Hello cokerfam55,

Thank you for waiting. I understand you'd prefer to speak to someone in person, but we do not offer this since we don't actually have physical office locations with customer support outside of the HQ.

I received your sales call and listened to it this morning. During the call the sales agent does tell you that we will need to run a credit check to proceed and asks that you confirm your address. There was no objection made to the credit check. 

In regards to your bill (January 10 - Feb 10) in the amount of $14.83, this was a prorated charge for the first month of service and taxes.  Since HughesNet uses 'forward billing' (we bill you for the month coming up, not what has passed) the bill for Feb 10 - March 10 included a $7.95 charge for Express Repair, our quick dispatch technician service. This came up in the conversation after the sales agent went over the features of our Voice service and the agent does state that the first month is free but you can cancel anytime. I believe she should have been more proactive in confirming that it was OK with you to add that on before proceeding, but that did not happen. I can remove the Express Repair service from your account and credit back the $7.95 to your account. 

Without Express Repair, your bill will be as follows:

Service Plan: $69.99

Equipment Lease: $14.99

Promotional discounts for 12 months starting January 10th, 2019 = 25.00

This brings you to $59.98/mo for your first year (not including taxes) and is the same amount as quoted on the sales call, including the promotional pricing time frame. I'd be happy to help with any further questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi cokerfam55,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Amanda