Hughesnet Community

HughesNet Networking FAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacksonTech

HughesNet Networking FAQ

Since this forum doesn't have a sticky feature, I put some of the most common questions and answers about the HT1000 modem on a single webpage:

http://jacksontech.net/index.php/hugh...

It's a work in progress, so expect it to be updated frequently. Let me know if you have any other topics you'd like to see there.

Does anyone here have a HT1100 modem? Does it act the same as the HT1000 modem in terms of networking?
43 REPLIES 43
John Hay2

Actually, I feel that HughesNet has been very responsive to my posts. In addition there seem to be many forum users who are equally willing to lend a helping hand.
Granted, I'm still having some minor DNS issues with my HT-1100 in conjunction with my Apple AirPort Extreme as a router and the DHCP server, but the employees at HughesNet got me to at least 95% of where I need to be.
I'm still wrestling with the final minutia of specifying a faster DNS route, and am somewhat befuddled by the odd, but working, configuration I had to impose upon the AAE.
Anyway, I hear you, but I've had 3 root canals, and the only good thing about the experience was the Nitrous Oxide! Almost worth the pain, LOL.
Hang in there.
John
Ocean City, NJ
TimJ
New Poster

dishnet and a lot more use get Satisfaction