cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Networking FAQ

Re: HughesNet Networking FAQ

I just got an older 2.1RC0 to assign a 2001: address on both the WAN and the LAN, but ran into another problem: the DHCPv6/RA server for pfSense really doesn't want to run without a static IPv6 address, and the DHCPv6 relay configuration page seems to be missing an option or two. I'll have to tinker with it later...

As for the WAN disappearing, is it an fxp card? IIRC there's a regression in the upstream FreeBSP fxp driver and it likes to make the card go into an infinite loop of bringing the link up, then dropping it, then bringing it up, then dropping it...
Associate Professor

Yep, both are FXP, this was the error I was talking about with mine a few months ago, though the latest versions seem to work a bit better about that loop, it's much less common now.
Highlighted

Actually, I feel that HughesNet has been very responsive to my posts. In addition there seem to be many forum users who are equally willing to lend a helping hand.
Granted, I'm still having some minor DNS issues with my HT-1100 in conjunction with my Apple AirPort Extreme as a router and the DHCP server, but the employees at HughesNet got me to at least 95% of where I need to be.
I'm still wrestling with the final minutia of specifying a faster DNS route, and am somewhat befuddled by the odd, but working, configuration I had to impose upon the AAE.
Anyway, I hear you, but I've had 3 root canals, and the only good thing about the experience was the Nitrous Oxide! Almost worth the pain, LOL.
Hang in there.
John
Ocean City, NJ
New Poster

dishnet and a lot more use get Satisfaction