cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgeFerguson
Sophomore

Hughesnet Owes Me

Hi Liz.

On the 8th of may my HN9000 service went down and customer support told me a tech would need to be sent out. I was told that I would be credited for the three days it would be down. Now then I thought to **bleep** with it and signed up for Gen5 and was told that it would be installed the same day the tech would have been out to fix the HN9000, so basicaly goodbye HN9000 hello Gen5 on the 11th May.

I pay my bill by direct debit, that is it comes out of our bank account. On the 12th May I saw that I had been billed for the HN9000 and fair enough it was only one day between the Gen5 installation and the the HN9000 coming out so I get that my billing details hadn't been updated in that short period of time.

So I called customer support to ask if the price difference between Gen5 and my old HN9000 and the three days without internet would be credited on my next bill and was told that this would be the case. Well on checking our bank account, guess what? I'm sure you really don't need to guess do you, sure enough no price difference and no three days without internet credit on our latest bill.

So can we get this fixed please? On the whole I am quite happy with my hughesnet service but I must say that your telephone customer support does let hughesnet down very badly.

Regards

George Ferguson

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Liz

Good morning George,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, I can certainly take care of this for you. I've already pulled up your account and applied the appropriate credits. If you have additional questions, feel fee to reach out again.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Good Morning Liz. Thank you for taking care of this so promptly.

Regards

George Ferguson.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Liz

Good morning George,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, I can certainly take care of this for you. I've already pulled up your account and applied the appropriate credits. If you have additional questions, feel fee to reach out again.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good Morning Liz. Thank you for taking care of this so promptly.

Regards

George Ferguson.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@GeorgeFerguson

Not that this is an extremely important thing, but when the thread owner marks a post as a solution to the opening question or issue it should be the post that actually contains the solution.  

Whatever!

GabeU

@GeorgeFerguson wrote:

Whatever!

No reason to get snippy about it.  The purpose of the solution is to give others having the same problem either the solution, or the avenue in which to get a solution, so when a reply other than the solution is chosen as such, it defeats the purpose.  But, do as you like.  

Okay so I hit the wrong button but I'd have thought it was pretty obvious from Liz's reply and my thanks to her that this was taken care of. Also my opening post was addressed to Liz and not you, so butt out buddy and go bother someone else.

GabeU

This is the last time I'll post on this thread.  

My reply to you was only informing you of the meaning of a solution.  It wasn't nasty, it wasn't a put down, it was just information.  Your smart aleck reply was uncalled for.  Perhaps you are just having a bad day.  So be it, but I hope that next time someone gives you advice on something you don't react in the same way.    

And lastly, this is a public thread on a public forum, which means it's open to any member who would like to reply, for whatever reason.    

Good day to you.   

Unless your name is Liz, in future keep your nose out of my business.

George,

To be fair, it is a good practice to mark any post that answers your questions, to your satisfaction, that can include your own post if you answered your own questions and it answers it fully.  This helps in a few ways... One being if someone does a search, the topic will show Answered, and will show up before other topics of a similar nature that haven't been marked as answered.  Two, other users that may view this thread (or any future threads you create), may not have to sift through tons of posts to find an answer, as answers will appear towards the top of the topic.  Some topics can be several pages long, and having the actual answers marked can help others.

As far as being snippy, please keep in mind that this is a public and open community, when posting here, act as if you would out in public among your peers.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

bounceback2p
Junior

George...So glad to hear you were able to get the credits handled that you deserved. It's good to know somone got some results for this issue. We've had Hughes Net for almost 5 years now and our service has been down for over 220 days during that time. We've been promised time after time we'd get the credits for it. NEVER happened. Sorry to say, if we had another choice for Internet in this rural area, we'd be gone. But we're stuck with it. Maybe someone will see this and finally do something about it as they did for you.

GabeU

@bounceback2p wrote:

Maybe someone will see this and finally do something about it as they did for you.

You should start a new post regarding your issue to receive help.  

Thanks Gabe for the advice. Since I'm new and trying to figure out how to do just that, maybe you can help me. I don't see anywhere to start a new thread. I replied to one similar as ours hoping to get assistance.

GabeU

@bounceback2p

In that case, Welcome to the Community!  I'd be happy to help.

In order to post, while signed in to the Community and on the main page, click on the category that best fits your issue.  myAccount and Billing, Tech Support, etc.  Then, while in that category page, click the blue Start A Topic button on the upper right.  On the next page, create a title for you post, and then explain the issue in the main body.  

Over on the right hand side, there may be a spot that says "Choose a Label."  If that is there, you should click on the label that best fits your issue.  Then click Post (under the main body of the post) and you're all set. 

When you post, you're automatically subscribed to that post, so you should receive an email of any replies to your Hughesnet email, but you can also periodically check back to see if anyone has replied.  

Hope this helps.  🙂

Thanks for the assistance. I'll do that and maybe after 5 years of trying we can finally get some results. Much appreciated.

GabeU

@bounceback2p

You're very welcome.  🙂