Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet are thieves. They lie to you and steal your money.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaunluke
Freshman

Hughesnet are thieves. They lie to you and steal your money.

I have been a loyal customer for over 3 years , never late or anything like that. My modem went out and T/S says they will send me a new updated one and I did'nt have to return the old outdated one. 2 months later they charge me $125.00 for non return of equipment after I was told not to return it. Now I have to wait a month before I get my money back for the fraudulent charges they billed me for i'm sure this happens to a lot of people and goes un noticed. Once I have been refunded I will be paying monthly by check.

16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You're right to be upset; you were told one thing, you trusted it, and then something else happened, and now you're out $125 for a time.   But hang in there, help is coming. 

When this has happened before, the Hughesnet reps on this site have been able to go into the subscriber's account and fix the situation, and the subscriber has gotten their money back.

It is possible the problem is simply one of miscommunication, when whoever talked to you didn't make a note of what they'd said, and the next person dealing with the account did what's normally the policy.  Your posting your experience here will help improve service, because someone will go back to that person and tell them to be more attentive in the future. 

I think your post also underscores a very important thing for consumers:  people need to check their accounts, because errors happen, and the sooner one checks, the sooner errors can be corrected.  It's very possible errors go unnoticed, so checking is crucial.  

Please note that the reps are here M-F, usually from 9-5.  It may be Monday or Tuesday before they can get to your complaint.  But they will get back to you. 

Simply put, this is outright fleecing of loyal customers. The fact that Hughenet out sources everything to India or Mexico means everyone is not on the same page. Every call made to them were to forgien countries with the reps speaking broken english. If they were american, there would be a more concerned connection and less mistakes and erros will be made.

maratsade

Oh, there are a lot of Hughesnet employees in the US and they too make mistakes. But in any case, I hope your issues get resolved quickly. 

Thanks

Liz

Good morning Shaunluke,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about this mixup-- I pulled up your account to review your case notes, and I see our agents have already made adjustments to your account to address your concerns. In the case where credit has already been applied, it cannot be converted to a refund, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The $125 credit is already on your account, and an additional $25 x 6 month discount has been applied as well. So for your next bill on July 23, your card on file won't be charged anything, and you will have credit left over to bring your August bill down to around $50.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

That's an absolute LIE the $125.00 has not been refunded to my account. I was told I had to call them a month after they had stolen it before they could post it to my bank account. As far the discount goes it is to be applied to future payments to cover the cost of the over draw caused by stealing and additional $125.00 from my account which caused several ISF. That is what that was for.... Bottom line is your company stole $125.00 from me, caused insufficient funds against my checking account. And still has not refunded me my $125.00. You can LIE all you want in this forum but I know what is happening with your company. Untill my $125.00 is refunded back to my checking account you and your company are LIAR'S and Thieves Period..!!!!!

Hi Shaunluke,

The $125 has been credited to your HughesNet account. This is reflected in our billing system and will be reflected in your next bill, this is in addition to the $25 monthly credit you'll start seeing every month for 6 months.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

As I stated before the stolen money needed to be returned to my account because that's where it originated from...I was told my money would be refunded to my account. Not to be issued credits. I'm sure other's have been ripped off with the same fraudulent withdrawls from customer's accounts. I will not be satisfied until my stolen money is returned to my account. Plain and simple

The $125.00 must be returned back to source from which it was fraudulent taken (my checking account) and nothing else will suffice.....Plain and simple

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Sorry, but it's standard practice for large companies to issue credit towards an account instead of a refund.  This happened to me with Hughesnet, AT&T, DirecTV and Primestar (that's an oldie!), and none of them would issue refunds to my bank account but would instead issue service credit towards the monthly bill.

Sorry, but you are stuck with having credits placed on your account.

Please see the subject title

maratsade

The subject title is just your opinion.

There was no fraud, there was no theft.  There may have been a misunderstanding on your part of the word "account," which the agent used to mean "Hughesnet account" and you thought it meant "bank account." 

There appears to have been an accounting error, and it has been resolved.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Shaunluke wrote:

That's an absolute LIE the $125.00 has not been refunded to my account.

Liz stated that they can't set it up as a refund, because the agent set the $125 up to be a service credit, as in, it's applied towards your next billing period.

She also stated that you are getting a $25.00 credit on top of that for 6 months for the inconvienience that this has caused you.

While you wont be getting a refund directly back to your bank account, you are getting the $125 in service credit plus an aditional $150 in credits towards your bills over the course of 6 months for the inconvienience that this has caused you.

GabeU

@Shaunluke wrote:

Untill my $125.00 is refunded back to my checking account you and your company are LIAR'S and Thieves Period..!!!!!

Well, that will be on the day your August bill is generated and the remaining funds for that bill are collected, as at that point $125 will not have had to have been collected from your checking account.  

And, if you want to go further, however much longer it takes for the $25 monthly discounts to cover your ISF fees.  

It was not thievery, but rather a mistake.

mokshaangel
Spectator

Hello,

I have had a worse experience than this. I was told that my abnormally slow internet could be due to outdated equipment that needed upgraded and that I should have tech support come out. I said okay. They came, made it a little better and then I was mailed an $800 bill. Noone told me ahead of time that there would be ANY charge. Now I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve and everyone keeps telling me that they agree I should not have been charged the way I was because I was not informed up front or offered maintenance service program, but they could only remove $400 of the $800. Now because I haven't paid it, I am getting disconnect calls and notices. My monthly bill is current. I was given the number to call corporate, but that person tried to direct me back to the account managers who I already spoke to. I feel bad for the employees because they seem to be fairly honest and want to help, but their corporate policies don't allow them to do the right thing. So who at Hughesnet can help me get this resolved???? 

GabeU

@mokshaangel wrote:

So who at Hughesnet can help me get this resolved???? 

So, you created an account at the HughesNet Support Community, took the time to compose and post your complaints on two other peoples' threads, then proceeded to ask this question at the end of one of those complaints? 

How about starting your own new topic and asking for help?