cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet are thieves. They lie to you and steal your money.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Hughesnet are thieves. The lie to you and steal your money.

The $125.00 must be returned back to source from which it was fraudulent taken (my checking account) and nothing else will suffice.....Plain and simple

Associate Professor

Sorry, but it's standard practice for large companies to issue credit towards an account instead of a refund.  This happened to me with Hughesnet, AT&T, DirecTV and Primestar (that's an oldie!), and none of them would issue refunds to my bank account but would instead issue service credit towards the monthly bill.

Sorry, but you are stuck with having credits placed on your account.

New Poster

Please see the subject title

Professor

The subject title is just your opinion.

There was no fraud, there was no theft.  There may have been a misunderstanding on your part of the word "account," which the agent used to mean "Hughesnet account" and you thought it meant "bank account." 

There appears to have been an accounting error, and it has been resolved.  

Distinguished Professor IV

@Shaunluke wrote:

Untill my $125.00 is refunded back to my checking account you and your company are LIAR'S and Thieves Period..!!!!!

Well, that will be on the day your August bill is generated and the remaining funds for that bill are collected, as at that point $125 will not have had to have been collected from your checking account.  

And, if you want to go further, however much longer it takes for the $25 monthly discounts to cover your ISF fees.  

It was not thievery, but rather a mistake.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Spectator

Re: Hughesnet are thieves. They lie to you and steal your money.

Hello,

I have had a worse experience than this. I was told that my abnormally slow internet could be due to outdated equipment that needed upgraded and that I should have tech support come out. I said okay. They came, made it a little better and then I was mailed an $800 bill. Noone told me ahead of time that there would be ANY charge. Now I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve and everyone keeps telling me that they agree I should not have been charged the way I was because I was not informed up front or offered maintenance service program, but they could only remove $400 of the $800. Now because I haven't paid it, I am getting disconnect calls and notices. My monthly bill is current. I was given the number to call corporate, but that person tried to direct me back to the account managers who I already spoke to. I feel bad for the employees because they seem to be fairly honest and want to help, but their corporate policies don't allow them to do the right thing. So who at Hughesnet can help me get this resolved???? 

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Hughesnet are thieves. They lie to you and steal your money.

@mokshaangel wrote:

So who at Hughesnet can help me get this resolved???? 

So, you created an account at the HughesNet Support Community, took the time to compose and post your complaints on two other peoples' threads, then proceeded to ask this question at the end of one of those complaints? 

How about starting your own new topic and asking for help?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit