Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet is a rip off! They are liars and thieves!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather Queen

Hughesnet is a rip off! They are liars and thieves!

Hughesnet over charges me every month. 3 months ago I moved and had to switch my services to my new house b/c I cant get out of this ridiculous contract. Ever since I have to call every month to get my bill fixed. This month my bill should be $45 instead its $96 and it's not even due til the 26th. Yet they have already taking over my internet with there stupid pay your bill crap. When I call they just tell me even though my bill is not due until the 26th I should be paying it on the 16th that's why I'm blocked. HOW IS THIS EVEN LEGAL!!! Your taking away what is already paid for! Not only that they say if I put my credit card on file so they can take payment automatically this wont happen. HELLO I stopped auto pay b/c these people can't get the bill right. I'm not stupid I can't give them my credit card info until they can get my bill right. The only reason I got it in the first place was b/c they said it would run my magicjack, and guess what, it can't.
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom/back of your modem so we can pull up your account.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Heather Queen

s/n: b3 0010011542 m7
Amanda

Hello Heather,

Thank you for providing the serial number, we were able to locate your account. Upon investigation, as you had stopped autopay, we had attempted to charge the service for December but were not able to receive the payment. Since this occurred, your account entered a soft collections stage. This also occured September 2014 until October 2014, which caused many billing issues in the process. We've made some adjusting to the account, including providing you the appropriate $25 credit you were supposed to receive.

We've removed you from Collections and re-applied the $25 off for 12 months credit you are supposed to receive. You will still need to settle the remaining balance by either mailing in a check, allowing the autopay with your bank or calling into make a payment by 12/30/14 to avoid entering soft collections again.

By removing you from collections stage temporarily this should also stop the popups on your computer. We hope you have a happy holidays and a wonderful new year. We will be here to assist you if you still have any concerns.

Thank you,
Amanda