Hughesnet will not cancel or suspend service, account owner dying in hospital

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bumblebeebe
New Poster

Hughesnet will not cancel or suspend service, account owner dying in hospital

My mother, the account holder, is in the hospital and literally cannot speak on the phone. The account is mine, the only reason her name is on it is because I had no credit history at the time of setting it up and Hughesnet refused to grant me an account by myself. Because I hadn't used credit cards. I was told I cannot suspend my service further or close the account or turn off autopay without her on the phone. A woman with a tube down her throat. That cannot speak. I was told the only way I could close the account without her on the phone is if she was literally dead. I am appalled at this given she is at risk of dying in the hospital. I cannot even take care of simple things like suspending my service and attempting to have it transferred to my own name. I am not allowed to remove my card, I am not allowed to turn off autopay, I cannot even pay the ransom fee to get out of this contract. I can do nothing because this company wants a dying woman who cannot speak on the phone. It's genuinely very upsetting. I'm very tired. I would love if anyone here could help. I've tried posting this a few times and the forum won't even allow me to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Bumblebeebe,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're currently going through, I'd like to make things a lot easier for you so you can focus on more important matters. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page soon, I'm PMing you to further address your concerns.

Thank you,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Give the reps on this site a chance to look at the situation and see if and how they can help you. It's a very specific situation and there may be policies that they can apply, or something. Hang in there.

Liz

Good morning Bumblebeebe,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're currently going through, I'd like to make things a lot easier for you so you can focus on more important matters. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page soon, I'm PMing you to further address your concerns.

Thank you,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!